We won’t get Wigginton for four years

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I think his best chance at having a good NBA career is at the PG position. IMO he needs to be here probably 3 years to develop his PG game more.

He has exceeded my expectations so far. I knew he was talented but thought he may need more time to transition to the college game.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Why do people start threads like this? Wigginton looks like he is going to be a very good college guard. At this point he has done some really nice things against some not very good BB teams. Great, love to have him as a Cyclone, and his presents has really changed the outlook for this year. It is just pretty silly to project the kid to the NBA in 2 years based on what he has done in a handful of games against marginal competition.

I've never seen a fan base so busy fretting about losing coaches and players with no proof it is going to happen.

I’m slightly regretting the thread title choice, but if you read the original post, I’m talking about how talented the kid is, how I’m excited to see Prohm mold that and how we’re lucky to have him on board.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I think he will be around for a couple of years. Lindell probably has more NBA potential as a freshman than anyone that we have had for many years. But.... Only first rounders are guaranteed money in the NBA which means that he has think that he is one of the top 30 players in the world if he is going to leave. That is some pretty lofty company. There are at least 2 freshmen in the big 12 alone that would go before him if the draft were held today.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
As long as we are worrying people leaving, again, CMC will be gone before 2042. Book it.
As long as we find out where Snyder got his rejuvenating sleeping coffin I could easily see Campbell coaching until 2060.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Sure he's PG size for the NBA but position only matters on defense (see the team he plays on this year),who he can guard will mean more than how he can pass,especially early on. People need to get out of the NBA=All Star, Leading scorer, Lebron James type of player, they have role players too and a lot of those guys left college before they should have. IMO he'll have an NBA career but he'll leave a year or two before he's ready. I think he enters the draft after every season until he hears the right things, I see that being after next year but maybe his jr year.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Sure, he is great. How great? Who knows? For now, it seems that he is still learning a lot about the team game. He seems to look to Prohm a lot. I like that. Right now, he needs to focus on all that he needs to improve, not making decisions about the NBA.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not saying he leaves for the pros after this year, as I absolutely don’t think he will. But you can just see the talent just pouring out of him when he’s on the court. There were a couple of plays today and against Iowa where I just shook my head in disbelief at how gifted he is. It’s going to be really exciting seeing how Prohm works with him and gets him to harness it, but I just don’t see him being here all four years before he’s hitting on all cylinders (although I hope I’m wrong and his love for ISU keeps him here through his senior year!)
He's a PG in the NBA and he's miles away from being an NBA PG. He's not even a college PG yet. The talent is there but he has plenty of work to do. Prohm will keep recruiting good players and all will be well.

I'm still convinced that people underestimate what it takes to be an NBA player.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Sure he's PG size for the NBA but position only matters on defense (see the team he plays on this year),who he can guard will mean more than how he can pass,especially early on. People need to get out of the NBA=All Star, Leading scorer, Lebron James type of player, they have role players too and a lot of those guys left college before they should have. IMO he'll have an NBA career but he'll leave a year or two before he's ready. I think he enters the draft after every season until he hears the right things, I see that being after next year but maybe his jr year.
I think you are underestimating how good you have to be just to be a role player in the NBA. He has to improve his ball handling and passing a lot before he'll get a shot.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I’m slightly regretting the thread title choice, but if you read the original post, I’m talking about how talented the kid is, how I’m excited to see Prohm mold that and how we’re lucky to have him on board.

I will agree strongly on all points. ISU is still not going to win a lot of games this year, but it is going to be fun to watch these guys. If Wigginton does leave, it will be because he has accomplished something pretty amazing.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I've been impressed with his outside shooting...for whatever reason I thought he'd be more of a "monte" style (passer, offense orchestrator).

He has the tools to be the "killer instinct" type of gaurd that can carry a team. I agree with many, get the other young guys understanding their roles in a year and him running the show and gaining that killer instinct and total game changer.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I've been impressed with his outside shooting...for whatever reason I thought he'd be more of a "monte" style (passer, offense orchestrator).

He has the tools to be the "killer instinct" type of gaurd that can carry a team. I agree with many, get the other young guys understanding their roles in a year and him running the show and gaining that killer instinct and total game changer.
I've been shocked by his outside shooting. Pleasantly, of course.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

The shooting is unexpected, he wasn't supposed to be a pure outside shooter, but he wasn't expected to be a pass-first point either. He was billed as a slasher, someone who's main offensive strength was driving into the line, getting to the bucket and the free throw line.

He's outside shooting has been tremendous - and will likely regress a bit. But he should get to the line more as he settles in and the game continues to slow down for him.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He's a PG in the NBA and he's miles away from being an NBA PG. He's not even a college PG yet. The talent is there but he has plenty of work to do. Prohm will keep recruiting good players and all will be well.

I'm still convinced that people underestimate what it takes to be an NBA player.
Perhaps, but also don’t confuse leaving early with being an NBA player. It’s not uncommon for guys to leave before their at that level.