RECRUITING: THT commits

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
LOLOLOLOLOL....from the guy who works for rivals for the orange and blue....spin control or truth? his tweets are fun to read....

Idk, I was reading his other tweets this morning. It started with saying he was there watching, and he walked out "sick to his stomach", then went on to say that THT didn't get his offer pulled, and says he will discuss further, then says THT went to the best place and fit for him, and then he referenced an old University of Iowa player Ed Horton, which was his uncle or something and made that "connection" lol. But not sure what that has to do with the rest of his tweets. I think he is just upset how everything happened yesterday and isn't exactly sure what to believe.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
18-19 will be a Final Four year.
19-20 will be the national championship year.
20-21 repeat national champs.
21-22 we take a step back and only make the Elite 8.
I can only see 4 years into the future.
You heard it here first, book mark it. Put it in stone.
Dilly Dilly.
We just need a dilly dilly button. I know they can do it. We had the Campbell button for a bit.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Will we ever find out the truth? It's okay with me if we don't. I just hope THT is happy and excited to play for the Cyclones. Welcome, Talen.

It's kind of a catch 22. On one hand, it would be nice to see all the slime over there getting dragged through the mud, but I also don't want THT dragged along with the story. Probably best if it just drops under the radar (and it will).

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Welcome aboard. I don't care if he was all set to go to Illinois or MSU. Prohm wanted him, prioritized him and I think he's going to be a hell of a player for us. We basically got Monte this way and coaches weren't smart enough to see that Georges was the best player on a team with Noel and Seldon. Maroons.

Maroons?!?! Were you eating a Milky-Way?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Which begs the question, if every program in the nation tweets at recruits, are we at a disadvantage at times trying to play by the letter of the law (not according to our recruiting right now, I suppose). You could tell that THT was really affected by the amount of love Illini fans were showing him on social media, and if turned loose, I have no doubt that our fans could match that.
In general, playing by the letter of the law usually puts you at a disadvantage in the NCAA.

It’s silly we have a herd mentality on here to bash a poster like Thompson for giving recruits positive attention on social media.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Again the kid took the visit to Illinois, after the Ayo announcement, Illinois did not say do not show up. Clearly at that time there was an offer on the table.

It sure seems like they thought they could work it out, by the middle of this week it was not going to happen, scholly was pulled.

While crystal balls are not a perfect system, it was trending heavily to Illinois, til yesterday.

Personally I never care how a kid ends up here if ISU wanted him, Dad hoping his son will follow him to the school where he participated in sports. A school is forced to pull a scholly because the handlers of a 5 star guy, are saying they will never send a kid to Illinois, if the allow a 4 star kid to play there.

About time ISU is on the credit side of the ledger on these things.

Results are the same and that is all that matters.

Think you may have misunderstood me. I am not unhappy that Talen is committed. I just don't think it went down the way social media claims. Where is concrete evidence the Ill. scholarship was pulled? The Tribune story states it was still on the table at the time of THT announcement. That is what THT told them. I have found nothing from U of Ill. that claims a scholarship was pulled. Everything else is just a bunch of internet heresay and as worthless as playing telephone. (jmo) My theory is Talen picked ISU over ILL and Xavier and rest is BS.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I hadn't gotten time to react to this news. What a recruiting class this has become. Transfer period had some disappointments, this is making up for it. It's probably preferable, if I was making a "would you rather" choice.
Would you rather sandpaper the ******* of an alligator in a telephone booth, or have a 10 min conversation with Tuco, Surly, Yeahbuddy, and Jon Miller?

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Idk, I was reading his other tweets this morning. It started with saying he was there watching, and he walked out "sick to his stomach", then went on to say that THT didn't get his offer pulled, and says he will discuss further, then says THT went to the best place and fit for him, and then he referenced an old University of Iowa player Ed Horton, which was his uncle or something and made that "connection" lol. But not sure what that has to do with the rest of his tweets. I think he is just upset how everything happened yesterday and isn't exactly sure what to believe.
He's Easy Ed Horton's nephew? This offsets Uthoff going to Iowa when his uncle went to ISU. That yin just got yanged.

By the way, I'm really happy that THT doesn't have a weird-shaped head like his uncle.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Think you may have misunderstood me. I am not unhappy that Talen is committed. I just don't think it went down the way social media claims. Where is concrete evidence the Ill. scholarship was pulled? The Tribune story states it was still on the table at the time of THT announcement. That is what THT told them. I have found nothing from U of Ill. that claims a scholarship was pulled. Everything else is just a bunch of internet heresay and as worthless as playing telephone. (jmo) My theory is Talen picked ISU over ILL and Xavier and rest is BS.

People are looking at this the wrong way, the best thing is that it is all true.

Guess I am not sure why it matters other than that. A few people get too defensive(not saying you) about that ISU was fortunate or got lucky. Lucky, stumbled into, bridesmaid that becomes a bride, don't care you still come away with the prize.

Anyway I do believe there were lots of shenanigans going on behind the scenes, and nothing could make me happier. ISU gets a great player, and Illinois alienated one of the best high school basketball programs in the country.

Will be interesting to see where the top 2019 Chicago kids end up.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman and Cat

Cat

Aug 15, 2017
People are looking at this the wrong way, the best thing is that it is all true.

Guess I am not sure why it matters other than that. A few people get too defensive(not saying you) about that ISU was fortunate or got lucky. Lucky, stumbled into, bridesmaid that becomes a bride, don't care you still come away with the prize.

Anyway I do believe there were lots of shenanigans going on behind the scenes, and nothing could make me happier. ISU gets a great player, and Illinois alienated one of the best high school basketball programs in the country.

Will be interesting to see where the top 2019 Chicago kids end up.

What a weird situation.

As far as 2019, Jacobs is already committed to KU. He's likely #2 behind Okoro. Okoro is very good obviously. EJ Liddell is pretty good. After that it's a drop-off imo.

2020 IL class has a couple big time studs. Adam Miller looks like he can easily be top 15 in the country. Obviously things can change though.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
What a weird situation.

As far as 2019, Jacobs is already committed to KU. He's likely #2 behind Okoro. Okoro is very good obviously. EJ Liddell is pretty good. After that it's a drop-off imo.

2020 IL class has a couple big time studs. Adam Miller looks like he can easily be top 15 in the country. Obviously things can change though.

You think Jacobs stays with the KU commit? He plays on the Irvin Fire AAU team. Maybe he will flip to Illinois? Assuming some of this stuff is true.

I don't think Lidell plays for Irvin Fire..