RECRUITING: THT commits

Cat

Aug 15, 2017
You think Jacobs stays with the KU commit? He plays on the Irvin Fire AAU team. Maybe he will flip to Illinois? Assuming some of this stuff is true.

I don't think Lidell plays for Irvin Fire..

I was just talking about top IL recruits in general.

I have no idea if Jacobs will stick with KU. If he does decommit and end up at IL then hoo boy.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
You think Jacobs stays with the KU commit? He plays on the Irvin Fire AAU team. Maybe he will flip to Illinois? Assuming some of this stuff is true.

I don't think Lidell plays for Irvin Fire..
Correct, Lidell plays for Bradley Beal Elite. The ones Illinois should expect to commit are Okoro and Miller. If Jacobs flips also I would have to say that it may have been worth it haha

• Informative
Reactions: Cat

Cat

Aug 15, 2017
Correct, Lidell plays for Bradley Beal Elite. The ones Illinois should expect to commit are Okoro and Miller. If Jacobs flips also I would have to say that it may have been worth it haha

Miller might come down to IL/KU and the choice could indicate who is running the recruitment. This is just from quickly reading stuff. Apparently KU assistant Jerrance Howard went to school with Miller's mom. Would it surprise anyone now if KU and ILL are the final two?

Looking into it more, hard to say if Jacobs would flip. KU has got a few Mac Irvin kids before including currently on the roster Charlie Moore though he is a transfer.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think Robinson should probably get the lions share credit for this one though.... Take nothing away from the work Prohm has done though. Great recruiting!

Obviously going in to that area requires a ton of ground work establishing relationships. It's paid off in a huge way this year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Still feels good

1254172884282.jpg

Reactions: 2020cy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Georges...? "has a body that will get so much stronger. He is long and versatile as a 6-5 wing, but he’s also an unselfish player whose most underrated quality is his passing. This is a skilled player who can dribble, pass and shoot."

Deonte...? "is the late-blooming, uber-athletic, rim-rattling 4-man who this summer showcased an added weapon in his offensive arsenal: shooting the three-pointer. Throw in a rapid rise in confidence and summer turned into an eye-opening experience for even those (myself included) who had seen a lot of him over the past 10 months."

Jameel...? "an agile 6-10 big man who is just beginning to scratch the surface. There may be some time before he is ready to impact at a high level due to his lack of strength and still growing game, but the upside, with his size, coordination, ability to run the floor and emerging skill, is enormous."

Reactions: Cat and FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
A good article with great comments on the recruits and Prohm, but I think they’re overselling the “stealing” factor. Kids have been leaving Illinois for decades. Why wouldn’t three top Midwest kids go to Iowa State? We’re definitely one of the top programs in the area. We’ve had great success with highly ranked kids from WI, Michigan, and Minnesota. It’s about time we start getting some from Illinois, Missouri, etc.

Anyhow, it’s a great class. As a Cyclone fan in Chicago I’m excited to see guys. Add Lard, Wigginton, and Lewis and it’s as good of core as we’ve had.