Kempt is great...but....

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If we mixed in LannRam with Park like we do with Kempt I would agree but we don’t so I don’t. And I’m a huge Park guy but I love what we’re doing right now. It’s not a timeshare so all of those “pick one guy” guys have to eabd too which I love. Just win baybay.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Park needs to get healthy with whatever he is dealing with, in the meantime it's Kempt.

GuyMcPerson

Sep 6, 2016
No I don't. I think he's the best QB we've had since Sage and Seneca and you just said he's bad and is only going to get worse as a senior

I said take away a 6'5 NFL WR who draws attention from a safety, replace him with Epps/Eaton/Jalen/Akers/etc, that changes the entire field. You are actually debating this point? Parks stats are mediocre with Lazard. He is closer to Meyer and Arnaud than Sage and Seneca. And don't try to compare passer ratings from the pre-helmet-to-helmet-defenseless-WR era. Marino & Elway's numbers would be bottom 1/3 of the league in todays game.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
In the OU game we had to convert on third downs and short yardage situations. Today the game was comfortably in the hand in the first half. So wouldn't it be better to to give Kyle the reps in all situations, let him have complete drives to build him up.

The other thing is, we are thin in the linebacker situation , why have Lanning risked on offense when we have a big lead. They should have also pulled montgomery late in the game, there were couple of drives were he was just gang tackled and twisted up on plays. We need to preserve that guy. Once the game was won, they should have given the reps of Kyle , Roland and warren.

I was a little confused at why were using Lanning so much too, but then I realized we were doing it for the same reason you wanted Kempt in: reps. Lanning apparently hasn't practiced QB at all since a tiny bit before the season. It seems we've decided he's going to be a part of the offense from now on so why not let him practice against lowly Kansas.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I said take away a 6'5 NFL WR who draws attention from a safety, replace him with Epps/Eaton/Jalen/Akers/etc, that changes the entire field. You are actually debating this point? Parks stats are mediocre with Lazard. He is closer to Meyer and Arnaud than Sage and Seneca. And don't try to compare passer ratings from the pre-helmet-to-helmet-defenseless-WR era. Marino & Elway's numbers would be bottom 1/3 of the league in todays game.

So you think he is bad now and will be even worse next year because of losing a weapon?

I actually think he'll be improved next year

clone511

Mar 15, 2016
Urbandale, IA
Yes let’s focus on what is hilarious right now. What’s even better is that OSU can’t let up they need style points with a loss on the board to a team that ISU beat.

My brother-in-law is a Nebraska fan and he's down in the basement pouting like a *****. Nothing makes me happier than seeing Nebraska get buried... Other than seeing ISU win.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy and cyfan21

GuyMcPerson

Sep 6, 2016
So you think he is bad now and will be even worse next year because of losing a weapon?

I actually think he'll be improved next year

I didn't say bad, I said mediocre. And that is based on him being 66th in the country in passer rating. Is your analysis based on anything more than your own perceptions of what you think he will be next year?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I didn't say bad, I said mediocre. And that is based on him being 66th in the country in passer rating. Is your analysis based on anything more than your own perceptions of what you think he will be next year?

I think another year under CMC plus an improved OL will make him a better QB.

I don't think that's crazy for me to think a senior QB will be better than he was as a junior, especially with all the weapons we will have offensively next season

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I'm sure this has been asked before but can Park still redshirt, especially since whatever is going on is being described as a medical issue? Is 4 games the cut off point or is it less than that?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm sure this has been asked before but can Park still redshirt, especially since whatever is going on is being described as a medical issue? Is 4 games the cut off point or is it less than that?

Pretty sure it would not be possible. Cutoff is usually 3 games, plus would need an extension to the 5 year clock since he redshirted in 2014

• Informative
Reactions: BBHMagic

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I agree Kempt is great.
I don't believe you think he's great otherwise you wouldn't of started this dumbass thread.
Stop talking about six wins. Winning in Norman elevates this team above that threshold.

• Agree
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
In the OU game we had to convert on third downs and short yardage situations. Today the game was comfortably in the hand in the first half. So wouldn't it be better to to give Kyle the reps in all situations, let him have complete drives to build him up.

The other thing is, we are thin in the linebacker situation , why have Lanning risked on offense when we have a big lead. They should have also pulled montgomery late in the game, there were couple of drives were he was just gang tackled and twisted up on plays. We need to preserve that guy. Once the game was won, they should have given the reps of Kyle , Roland and warren.

Call the coach's show Monday night and ask CMC directly. You'll have your answer.

Reactions: skibumspe