Kempt is great...but....

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Also I did not understand why the Coach was pulling Kyle out for short yardage situations when we had a comfortable lead. Kyle needs all the live reps he can get. Also getting pulled for certain parts of the drive screws with your rhythm as a QB.

I agree with you, our coaches don't know a damn thing about what they're doing. Your comment also applies to the OU game, right? Again, what do the coaches know? Zilch.

Kempt is 2-0 as a starter, his starting stats are:
37-52 (71%), 4 TDs, 0 ints, 0 fumbles.

But, yeah, his rhythm seems off. . . .

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Kyle seems like a great guy, takes care of the ball, had a good 2 games, great success story. That being said, we don't win 6 games without Jacob Park...we need him back. He adds such a different dimension to our offense that Kyle just can't.

Again love Kyle, I'd probably be friends with him 10/10 over Park...but Park has way more talent

Park is done, bro.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I know it's a lot to ask, but it'd be incredible if we could go a season without CF posters taking QB sides.

It's been 9 years since we have gone a whole year with one quarterback so it's not CF posters' fault.

• Agree
Reactions: urb1

GuyMcPerson

Sep 6, 2016
Next to Steele Jantz, I never seen a QB who can tattoo a free safety right in the numbers quite like Park. I don't think anybody here would bet $1,000 on him spending 1 single day on a 53 man roster. Last year he had a 139 passer rating (Lanning was 137...and he has a terrible arm). This year Park's passer rating was a mediocre 155 playing the likes of UNI, Iowa and, Akron, before falling to 135 after the disaster vs Texas. Next year take away Lazard and move over the safety that's usually shading him...the 20 yard darts to Carson Epps will drop that passer rating to 125. Kempt isn't good, but neither is Park. Park has the stronger arm and tighter spiral, but playing QB is 75% mental...I like the Computer Science major Kempt in this regard.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Lot of memory loss going on with Park. People seem to remember one bad game against a great defense, and forget that he's been really good in pretty much every other game he's played. Kempt had a couple balls today that could have been picked but weren't. He through 10 feet behind a wide open Trevor Ryan on one play and was lucky the safety didn't make a play on it. That was more inaccurate than any of Park's throws.

It's a useless battle. The circle jerks have already begun. It's funny that ISU fans make fun of Iowa fans for their love of the backup quarterback, but we as a fanbase are so much worse about it.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
I agree with you, our coaches don't know a damn thing about what they're doing. Your comment also applies to the OU game, right? Again, what do the coaches know? Zilch.

Kempt is 2-0 as a starter, his starting stats are:
37-52 (71%), 4 TDs, 0 ints, 0 fumbles.

But, yeah, his rhythm seems off. . . .

In the OU game we had to convert on third downs and short yardage situations. Today the game was comfortably in the hand in the first half. So wouldn't it be better to to give Kyle the reps in all situations, let him have complete drives to build him up.

The other thing is, we are thin in the linebacker situation , why have Lanning risked on offense when we have a big lead. They should have also pulled montgomery late in the game, there were couple of drives were he was just gang tackled and twisted up on plays. We need to preserve that guy. Once the game was won, they should have given the reps of Kyle , Roland and warren.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Next to Steele Jantz, I never seen a QB who can tattoo a free safety right in the numbers quite like Park. I don't think anybody here would bet $1,000 on him spending 1 single day on a 53 man roster. Last year he had a 139 passer rating (Lanning was 137...and he has a terrible arm). This year Park's passer rating was a mediocre 155 playing the likes of UNI, Iowa and, Akron, before falling to 135 after the disaster vs Texas. Next year take away Lazard and move over the safety that's usually shading him...the 20 yard darts to Carson Epps will drop that passer rating to 125. Kempt isn't good, but neither is Park. Park has the stronger arm and tighter spiral, but playing QB is 75% mental...I like the Computer Science major Kempt in this regard.

Did Park sleep with your girlfriend? You literally just predicted him to be worse next year as a senior

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I don't know..... Park hadn't looked very accurate the last few games (seems like he throws it high a lot) Kyle looks to be more accurate but less arm strength? Opinions?
Let's see no turnovers in two games, cooler head in the pocket stays in the pocket and throws a ball our play makers can catch. the coaches are rolling with him so we should too, just like Park when he was the starter. With the ****** conditions on the field he did his job.

• Winner
Reactions: TwinCitiesCy

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
At least we have something to complain about still on this sight. I thought I migh6 get a little boring with the team playing well these past couple of weeks.

Kempt makes me nervous I'm games against the likes of TTech or Baylor where we'll probably need 40 points to win.
Defense has been playing great, if that holds we might not even have to worry about it.