Sneezing - You're Doing It Wrong

What is the correct number of times a person should sneeze?

• Total voters

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I was driving downtown this morning when I noticed a lady that was either being attacked by a swarm of bees or having a seizure while trying to dab. After a few moments, I realized she had been trying to stifle a sneeze as she eventually released a sound I heard through closed windows and over my radio.

A few heads turned her way, but she showed no remorse. Oh no. She had obvious pride in her sneezing prowess. I've always been quietly impressed by people that can concentrate their strength to sneeze only once and be done. Is this you? In my yearning for more knowledge, I figured I'd reach out to CF.

What is the correct number of sneezes? Is it the same number every time? Do you have mighty blasts that rattle windows or dainty ones that makes others wonder if they need to say "bless you"? I'm tackling the hard issues today.

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I love to feeling of a good sneeze. Im usually a two-timer, but if I could go more, I would.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
How many of you get goosebumps when you sneeze? My 3 kids and I do...my wife says we are weird. I contend she is the weird one.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I always thought it was normal to sneeze when you go from moderate light to bright sunlight (like exiting a building and seeing a bright sun - it's called a photic sneeze), but apparently only about 25% of people do this.

I feel special.

• Informative
Reactions: Prone2Clone

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I'm inconsistent but usually multiple. If I have a buzz on from alcohol and I start sneezing I will go forever. Like a sneeze every 30 seconds for a good half hour. I can't figure out why.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Normally two. Every once in a while I will have a third follow up sneeze after a pause.