Take the knee... NON-political please????

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Unlike the words to our official anthem, the lyrics to America the Beautiful are a poem....a gorgeous paean to our country, its natural beauty, its great heritage, and its people, whose courage and creativity have made it the greatest country in the world. Key wrote a song about a battle and the fact that the flag survived - but I find the words to America the Beautiful much more stirring. I agree with Woo.....let's start a movement and get this done!!!!

Yeah, america the beautiful would be a much better national anthem.

Its pretty solid on 1000+ brass.

Reactions: SCyclone

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Take the patriotism out of it, and I'd rather just sing O Canada because it's such a better song.

As one who has attend hundreds of NHL games I would agree with you.

And for years when Warren Wiebe sang at LA Kings games, he would sing America the Beautiful and not the Star Spangled Banner prior to Hockey Games. When Warren passed away they stopped doing it. He came out and sang it for the bigger games, and it really got the crowd going. It is a much better song.

Honestly I wish the Kings would go back to singing that at least at a quarter of their games/
Kate Smith used to sing God Bless America at Flyers games I believe.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Peter

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well.....I would take a knee to show why taking knee is nothing more than taking a knee outside of the fact that taking a knee might be a legitimate way of showing how to take a knee when one takes a knee while thinking about taking a knee for the express purpose of taking a knee in lieu of taking a knee.

Outside of that.........ketchup on eggs. Have to take a knee on that.
:confused:

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
You're on the field, the flag is unfurled and the first notes of that beautiful song start wafting across the stadium.

Other than the cave stuff, what would you take a knee for and why?

I'm sticking with the holocaust of chocolate and peanut butter co-habitating. It's Adam and EVE, not chocolate and PEANUT BUTTER for cripes sake! Cheese and rice it butters my muffin to no end.
Id take a knee over coaches not going under center ever.. And not using a QB sneak for a yard or less. See Tennessee vs Florida two weeks ago... DUH! Butch should be fired for the calls he allowed to happen on the 1 inch line.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Well.....I would take a knee to show why taking knee is nothing more than taking a knee outside of the fact that taking a knee might be a legitimate way of showing how to take a knee when one takes a knee while thinking about taking a knee for the express purpose of taking a knee in lieu of taking a knee.

Or you might just need practice taking a knee, and it's a good time to get some more reps in.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm taking a knee against the worldwide injustice that is Laffy Taffy still making banana-flavored ones. That s*** is terrible, nuke it from orbit.

How dare you!

They do need to bring back watermelon with the seeds in them, unless they already did. Haven't had one in awhile.