Take the knee... NON-political please????

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
You're on the field, the flag is unfurled and the first notes of that beautiful song start wafting across the stadium.

Other than the cave stuff, what would you take a knee for and why?

I'm sticking with the holocaust of chocolate and peanut butter co-habitating. It's Adam and EVE, not chocolate and PEANUT BUTTER for cripes sake! Cheese and rice it butters my muffin to no end.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
tenor.gif

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Take the patriotism out of it, and I'd rather just sing O Canada because it's such a better song.

god save the queen
We should change our national anthem to my country 'tis of thee. Better tune, better lyrics, easier to sing, more efficient (each verse is only about half as long as the star spangled banner so you can either keep it short and sweet or get two verses in the same amount it takes to sing one verse of the star spangled banner). Get it done, congress

Reactions: Doc

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
You're on the field, the flag is unfurled and the first notes of that beautiful song start wafting across the stadium.

I'm sticking with the holocaust of chocolate and peanut butter co-habitating. It's Adam and EVE, not chocolate and PEANUT BUTTER for cripes sake! Cheese and rice it butters my muffin to no end.

not to take anything away from the words, but the tune the song was set to was a British drinking song...

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
We should change our national anthem to my country 'tis of thee. Better tune, better lyrics, easier to sing, more efficient (each verse is only about half as long as the star spangled banner so you can either keep it short and sweet or get two verses in the same amount it takes to sing one verse of the star spangled banner). Get it done, congress

Unlike the words to our official anthem, the lyrics to America the Beautiful are a poem....a gorgeous paean to our country, its natural beauty, its great heritage, and its people, whose courage and creativity have made it the greatest country in the world. Key wrote a song about a battle and the fact that the flag survived - but I find the words to America the Beautiful much more stirring. I agree with Woo.....let's start a movement and get this done!!!!

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Unlike the words to our official anthem, the lyrics to America the Beautiful are a poem....a gorgeous paean to our country, its natural beauty, its great heritage, and its people, whose courage and creativity have made it the greatest country in the world. Key wrote a song about a battle and the fact that the flag survived - but I find the words to America the Beautiful much more stirring. I agree with Woo.....let's start a movement and get this done!!!!

What if someone took a knee during the anthem, because their fight was for a better song as the anthem?

I took a long weekend and am currently taking a knee to going back to work tomorrow.

I also planned on going for a run, and CF has been my kneeling for that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Organize guys, you have two different songs here. Maybe blend them?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Well.....I would take a knee to show why taking knee is nothing more than taking a knee outside of the fact that taking a knee might be a legitimate way of showing how to take a knee when one takes a knee while thinking about taking a knee for the express purpose of taking a knee in lieu of taking a knee.

Outside of that.........ketchup on eggs. Have to take a knee on that.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Organize guys, you have two different songs here. Maybe blend them?
That probably wouldn't sound great. I still think My country tis of thee should be it, but I'd go with America the beautiful (or a lot of other songs) over our current anthem. It's just not very good. And this would help congress learn to cooperate because it wouldn't be based on which party you belonged to, it would just be about personal preference

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron