Wins the internet for Tuesday. :D

• Agree
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Discussion questions if anyone wants to share an opinion:

I know the NK's endgame has been brought up numerous times, but it really plays into his next move. Is the army of the dead going to head towards Winterfell and then follow the King's Road to Kings Landing ignoring everything else? Will they go after Castle Black? Will they just meander all around the north, attacking each house as they encounter it before going south? Is there a true destination or just a spread and conquer mentality? It's not like they should have any real idea of the lay of the land at all. Will they bother with Bear Island or Pyke?

I don't see them splitting up their forces since the ice dragon is their war hammer and numbers are their strength.

What is the most defensible location for the living to make a stand? The combination of the Bloody Gate and the Eyrie has to be right up there, I'd think. Riverrun's ability to redirect water is an intriguing option, but I feel like the ice dragon just freezes it and nullifies the advantage.

Will Jaime or Tyrion think about using wildfire as a weapon? If you laid a trap, that stuff can wipe out huge chunks of wights quickly before the NK could extinguish the flames.

Can a dragonglass arrow take down Viserion, or does it need to be something more significant? From what I've seen, it doesn't take a huge amount of contact with dragonglass to end a wight walker. It seems like a hail of dragonglass arrows would be a pretty formidable weapon against the NK's dragon. I'm assuming weapons have been made since the mining of Dragon Stone was taking place several episodes ago.

Does Bronn go with Jaime? He didn't witness the wight during the meeting. He says he's loyal to himself and gold, but he's definitely formed a bond with Mr. Golden Hand.

Do any dragons exist at the end of the series? I have a feeling none survive, but that's just a guess based on nothing but opinion.

The goal of the Night's King to my understanding is to destroy the living. He is the undead personified, so they will visit, in an unclear fashion, every place where life can hide. We have seen the affect of Valyrian steel on the whites and the Dragonglass. Either could kill Viseryion I would think to the same affect the Night's King did. It's a magic thing.

They will have to split up, but they never die, nor do they need supplies so time is on their side, also, all of the dead south of the wall can be risen.

The Vale of Arryn.

I'd guess Bronn and Pod go with Jaime and Tyrion.

Who knows if Dragons survive, but I would guess no, I am guessing that it is similar to Lord of the Rings, and this is a point of time where Magic comes and goes from their world. Also, it seems to be paralleling England's move towards more democratic government.

It is my guess that Sansa marries Sweet Robin and ends up as sort of a default ruler/Queen. Westeros will be decimated, but she can hide in the vale which would be near impregnable to anyone without a Dragon. I also think that The Hound ends up her paramour/guardian. He loves her, and Martin will give a nod to Beauty and the Beast.

Reactions: Angie

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I wouldn't mind seeing the Night King win, wiping out Westeros. Maybe there are still Children living somewhere who can reclaim the land. But what is the Night King's motivation? What is his endgame? We don't know. Seems to be a rather common problem in fantasy, big evil, but no reasons or motivations to go along with big evil.
tumblr_no9d35J0qA1rv5j9yo1_500.gif

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Maybe Jon and Dany have twins. Dragons sweep Dany off somewhere to protect her while giving birth. She dies, dragons protect the babies. Boom, repopulate with incest/Targs.

Or Same sitch above but Jon dies killing Bran whom is the NK and twin targs are born to rule whats left.

• Creative
Reactions: helechopper

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
If a democracy emerges, clearly Lyanna Mormont for the win. First act of office, destroy that goofy Iron Throne. If Jorah survives, she can let him go run Bear Island and remember the good old days when he was creeping on Dany.

• Agree
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I know I am two days late and a dollar short, but...

I wonder how Bran breaks the news to Jon? I'm hoping for "you looked beautiful ******* your aunt."

I totally tweeted this, almost word-for-word on Tuesday night.

Just heard a hilarious quote from Andrew Ti on GoT. "The only thing that's been consistent throughout the whole series is its attempt to soften people's views on incest."

And this, except I said: "Meh, at least it's not twincest" = how GoT has totally f***ed our perspective.

My other condensed thoughts:

- Good thing Qyburn was wearing a robe when he grabbed that wight's hand, because brother got EXCITED.

- I definitely didn't rewind GOT to see Jon Snow's butt again.

- I love The Hound and Brienne basically being, like, civil co-parents who aren't together anymore over Arya.

- I will go dig Tormund out with my bare hands, just to see him with The Hound again.

[
The showrunners explained after the episode that Cersei was playing Tyrion into thinking he'd "discover" her pregnancy as further plausibility that she would actually go forward with the truce and join her forces with the North against the dead army. She was very coy with rubbing her belly and stating her desire to protect the future of her family...

I'm still not sold there's a bun in that oven.

This was my thinking, too. Cersei did it to manipulate Tyrion - she gave him just enough of a hint for him to think he was clever. One of Tyrion's great weaknesses is enjoying his own insight and intelligence too much at times, and Cersei would certainly know that.

My predictions:

- Dany gets pregnant. They find out that Jon's the heir, and there is a rift between the two. One of them dies, I'm assuming Jon, and the other lives on to reign alone with their baby as the successor.

- There are some about Bran being the Night's King (and Bran the Builder, and a couple of other people via time travel - LINK which would explain why Bran was so into Old Nan's stories about essentially himself). And that the dead were creating the Stark direwolf sigil when they came over the wall:

image.jpg

I'm not sure what I think about that. If it's true, I think Bran is essentially going to have to battle himself and they both die.

- Cleganebowl will happen, but I don't see either making it through.

- I don't think Cersei is really pregnant, and I think Jaime kills her, especially after she essentially half-assed ordered his murder. But I think that he also doesn't make it for some reason, just because I don't see him being a full character without Cersei.

- I think Sansa rules the north and the Eyrie in conjunction with whomever (either Dany or Jon) is the ultimate ruler. I sort of don't care about Arya's character at this point, but I'd guess she's the head of the Nightsguard or something, I don't know. She won't want to sit still.

- I don't think Tyrion makes it, either. Or if he does, he puts himself in exile. I think he's done with Westeros. Maybe him and Jorah go off into the sunset together and travel.

I had more. Eh... screw it. New prediction - Pod takes the throne.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I know I am two days late and a dollar short, but...

I totally tweeted this, almost word-for-word on Tuesday night.

And this, except I said: "Meh, at least it's not twincest" = how GoT has totally f***ed our perspective.

My other condensed thoughts:

- Good thing Qyburn was wearing a robe when he grabbed that wight's hand, because brother got EXCITED.

- I definitely didn't rewind GOT to see Jon Snow's butt again.

- I love The Hound and Brienne basically being, like, civil co-parents who aren't together anymore over Arya.

- I will go dig Tormund out with my bare hands, just to see him with The Hound again.

[

This was my thinking, too. Cersei did it to manipulate Tyrion - she gave him just enough of a hint for him to think he was clever. One of Tyrion's great weaknesses is enjoying his own insight and intelligence too much at times, and Cersei would certainly know that.

My predictions:

- Dany gets pregnant. They find out that Jon's the heir, and there is a rift between the two. One of them dies, I'm assuming Jon, and the other lives on to reign alone with their baby as the successor.

- There are some about Bran being the Night's King (and Bran the Builder, and a couple of other people via time travel - LINK which would explain why Bran was so into Old Nan's stories about essentially himself). And that the dead were creating the Stark direwolf sigil when they came over the wall:

image.jpg

I'm not sure what I think about that. If it's true, I think Bran is essentially going to have to battle himself and they both die.

- Cleganebowl will happen, but I don't see either making it through.

- I don't think Cersei is really pregnant, and I think Jaime kills her, especially after she essentially half-assed ordered his murder. But I think that he also doesn't make it for some reason, just because I don't see him being a full character without Cersei.

- I think Sansa rules the north and the Eyrie in conjunction with whomever (either Dany or Jon) is the ultimate ruler. I sort of don't care about Arya's character at this point, but I'd guess she's the head of the Nightsguard or something, I don't know. She won't want to sit still.

- I don't think Tyrion makes it, either. Or if he does, he puts himself in exile. I think he's done with Westeros. Maybe him and Jorah go off into the sunset together and travel.

I had more. Eh... screw it. New prediction - Pod takes the throne.
From all of that I only got one thing...
You only rewound once?

Nah, not really. Some interesting theories. It's going to be a Looooooong winter and summer and winter again (probably) before we can determine their accuracy.

And I completely missed the Direwolf sigil (probably because of the jumpy freezeframe buffering I had going on while I watched it).

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
You only rewound once?

Nah, not really. Some interesting theories. It's going to be a Looooooong winter and summer and winter again (probably) before we can determine their accuracy.

And I completely missed the Direwolf sigil (probably because of the jumpy freezeframe buffering I had going on while I watched it).

I thought it looked like something, wasn't sure what - but I still look at it and wonder if it is more wishful thinking than reality by conspiracy theorists. I can see some logic in it, but sort of feel like the show is going more obvious than that on the big plot points.

• Agree
Reactions: jdoggivjc

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
You only rewound once?

OH! And Kit Harrington must do squats. Lots of squats. That thing is perfect.

Reactions: Cybirdy

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
There seem to be quite a lot of people in here who think that all the prophecies will be tied up in a neat and tidy bow and that the show will end with the traditional good triumphs over evil fantasy trope.

Wasn't it Davos who had a line with the general sentiment of, "If you think this all has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."?

Prophets can be wrong. And the real world is a cold, hard ***** at least according to GRRM. Most people might not agree with me, but if this series ends with a fairy-tale, ride off into the sunset conclusion I will be disappointed.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
There seem to be quite a lot of people in here who think that all the prophecies will be tied up in a neat and tidy bow and that the show will end with the traditional good triumphs over evil fantasy trope.

Wasn't it Davos who had a line with the general sentiment of, "If you think this all has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."?

Prophets can be wrong. And the real world is a cold, hard ***** at least according to GRRM. Most people might not agree with me, but if this series ends with a fairy-tale, ride off into the sunset conclusion I will be disappointed.

Not Davos but you got the sentiment correct. :)

Reactions: laminak and Angie

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I thought it looked like something, wasn't sure what - but I still look at it and wonder if it is more wishful thinking than reality by conspiracy theorists. I can see some logic in it, but sort of feel like the show is going more obvious than that on the big plot points.

There is no way the Army of the Dead formed into a shape that can only be viewed from above. They aren't a marching band on College Gameday. That would be pointless and poor writing if they did. Just my 2 cents.