RECRUITING: Iowa State hosting Tyler Harris this weekend

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think ISU has the best shot of anyone besides UNI of landing Green. That being said, I will assume he is going to UNI until and unless he commits somewhere other than there.

I disagree based off what I've read somewhere else

Stereotype

Apr 23, 2017
It's 247. I disagreed with us having the best chance besides UNI
Tbh I didn't think he'd take that Virginia offer so seriously for the reason that Tony Bennett's offense is painful enough to make anyone gouge out their eyeballs. I don't see why a kid with the offensive ability of green would wanna play for that.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Tbh I didn't think he'd take that Virginia offer so seriously for the reason that Tony Bennett's offense is painful enough to make anyone gouge out their eyeballs. I don't see why a kid with the offensive ability of green would wanna play for that.

Yeah, our offense is one of the things he's said he's liked about ISU.

That being said, if he's willing to go to UNI, type of offense clearly isn't a deciding factor.

• Agree
Reactions: Stereotype

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

That being said, if he's willing to go to UNI, type of offense clearly isn't a deciding factor.
If type of offense isn't a deciding factor, I sure hope proximity to The National Cattle Congress isn't either.

• Winner
Reactions: Stereotype

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Another consideration is if Green is willing to leave his Dad and hometown team (which seems unlikely) to play he may be looking to really pave his own way and want to leave the state all together.
Virginia is a class program with a good coach in Bennett there are obvious draws there.
I do think he likes ISU and Prohm but I don't think it is really just down to UNI or ISU for his commitment, as any prospect he should fully weigh all his options.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Not really. He would go to UNI to play for his dad. However, if he choses to not go to UNI. Offense could be the factor. The UNI thing has nothing to do with the offense. The rest of them might have something to do with offense if he choses a different school.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
This might be a stupid question but why would a really good player now choose to attend UNI? They've now lost their two marquee programs in the Mo Valley. It's going to be (or is now) a 1-bid league. Unless you want to be a big fish in a conference of weaker competition, I don't get it.

• Agree
Reactions: acgclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This might be a stupid question but why would a really good player now choose to attend UNI? They've now lost their two marquee programs in the Mo Valley. It's going to be (or is now) a 1-bid league. Unless you want to be a big fish in a conference of weaker competition, I don't get it.

I would assume your dad being a coach would be an important factor

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

I agree which is why at the end of the day I see him not going to UNI, but leaving the state because not wanting to play for a pseudo rival.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I agree which is why at the end of the day I see him not going to UNI, but leaving the state because not wanting to play for a pseudo rival.
I disagree. If he leaves the state it will be because he likes the school he chooses the best (imho).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron