RECRUITING: Iowa State hosting Tyler Harris this weekend

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Landing Harris and Conditt (ISU Legend) is an absolute must for 2018 and for this staff. 100%.

Conditt is not an absolute must. I think people are putting too much stock in him being a legacy. Underwood and the Illinois staff were all over him this past weekend. They will be tough to beat.

Harris I agree with, he's an absolute must.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Landing Harris and Conditt (ISU Legend) is an absolute must for 2018 and for this staff. 100%.

Both would be good gets, but let's hold off on any must have recruits for 2018 on July 17th. The staff is still evaluating talent and making connections/offers this month. We'll hear of a few more targets soon.

It would do a lot for CF's recruiting morale to get a commitment or two before football starts,

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Both would be good gets, but let's hold off on any must have recruits for 2018 on July 17th. The staff is still evaluating talent and making connections/offers this month. We'll hear of a few more targets soon.

It would do a lot for CF's recruiting morale to get a commitment or two before football starts,

I think he meant that they are must gets or he will stress out, blowing out a vein.

Reactions: Doc

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I assume we'd take both Harris and AJ Green, correct? I assume Harris is strictly a PG, but Green can play either the 1 or the 2, right?

Is there much concern from Harris about ISU having Wiggs holding down the PG position for quite a while?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I assume we'd take both Harris and AJ Green, correct? I assume Harris is strictly a PG, but Green can play either the 1 or the 2, right?

Is there much concern from Harris about ISU having Wiggs holding down the PG position for quite a while?

We'd take both but I think we're a long shot at best for Green

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
We'd take both but I think we're a long shot at best for Green

Noticed he was just offered by Virginia. So watch..... we'll have been on him forever, and he actually decides to break away from dad and UNI...only to go to..... Virginia. Sorry, its just been a frustrating recruiting time recently.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Noticed he was just offered by Virginia. So watch..... we'll have been on him forever, and he actually decides to break away from dad and UNI...only to go to..... Virginia. Sorry, its just been a frustrating recruiting time recently.

I'm not sure how hard we are recruiting him. I know it's convenient with him being close

• Disagree
Reactions: asmosis

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

From everything I've heard, Harris has a game comparable to Jackson. Really...really...good shooter. He's just a bit shorter. If he has Big12 PG ball skills, all the better.

Combo guards, Man. Combo guards.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Agree Twins. I don't think Green is or should be a real high priority. Not sure he fits our system real well for one thing.

And you're wrong about that. He's been a high priority because he shoots pretty well and can handle the ball as a combo.

With that said it's not looking good for landing him so I'm sure we're ready to move onto plan B