Why so quiet?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
It's very quiet today...and it's a Friday...the Friday of the Iowa State/Iowa game.

I'll throw a couple of topics out for discussion and we'll see if anything sticks:
  • Is it just me or is there a lack of hype around the game tonight?
  • What are people's expectations of the basketball team in conference play? Personally, I'm guessing a 7-9 season. Although I would love to be proven wrong.
  • I wanted to eat at Taco Bell last night but the E Coli thing scares the hell out of me...I know the chances that I'd actually get it but still...
  • Nip/Tuck was very good this week.
  • Talladega Nights comes out on DVD on Tuesday and I can't wait. Praise baby Jesus! (Or teenage Jesus if you prefer)
  • Does anyone get drunk at their work Xmas parties?
What's on everyone's mind today?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I just have been busy at work lately...working on our company's disaster recovery plans.

So if Ricky Bobby were to crash his race car into our building, destroying it - we would have a plan in place for the business to resume its functions at a separate location.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
1) Battle for the bottom of the state, I will be cheering my but off tonight, but I am not cocking off today too much

2) I think we might pull off some suprise wins, and if we make the NIT, I will be satisfied with that (for GMac's first year in the big 12)

3) Taco Bell does not scare me, I have an iron stomach

4) No Nip Tuck, I am however waiting for the Shield to start back up

5) Did not see it in the Theater, but will rent it, Gotta love Will

6) Not at mine, but got alittle tipsy at the wifes.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
1.) Both of us know we are rebuilding and we are both aware of the fact the game could go either way really easily, not on talent, but on luck. I will still be rooting my arse of for ISU, however.

2.) I'm guessing 7-9 or 6-10 in conference play. 8 or 9 wins and I would be ecstatic.

3.) Taco Bell scared me before this E Coli break out.

4.) Nip/Tuck is a great show and the episode in particular was very good.

5.) Not a big fan of Talledega Nights, but am a huge fan of Will.

6.) You have to get wasted at work xmas parties... why do you think they have them? It sure isn't for any other reason.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
1. Both teams are rebuilding, not as exciting plus Iowa has gone to crap in basketball so the home team isn't even that excited about their program anymore. I'll be at the game though!
2. I don't think we'll finish 11th in the Big 12 but somewhere around 7th sounds about right with the NIT or better being a bonus.
3. I have not had Taco Bell in awhile so nothing to worry about for now
4. Nip/Tuck was good, the season finale should be interesting
5. I hope I get this DVD for Christmas since I did not see it in the theatre
6. Last year work canceled the party and just gave the money to the United Way for Katrina folks. This year we got some crappy put together yourself box cutout that looks like a lock chest and says "our most valuable asset - YOU!" which I think means no party because they usually make you sign up for it by now. Granted we have over 3000 people that work here but the 1 time I did go it at Hy-Vee hall and had lots of good food.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
5.) Not a big fan of Talledega Nights, but am a huge fan of Will.

Rewatch it, you'll find it hilarious...

It's kinda like Team American for me, the first time I saw it I thought it was dumb. Second time, f'ing hilarious. I'm so sirry...but not rearry.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
It's very quiet today...and it's a Friday...the Friday of the Iowa State/Iowa game.

I'll throw a couple of topics out for discussion and we'll see if anything sticks:
  • Is it just me or is there a lack of hype around the game tonight?
  • What are people's expectations of the basketball team in conference play? Personally, I'm guessing a 7-9 season. Although I would love to be proven wrong.
  • I wanted to eat at Taco Bell last night but the E Coli thing scares the hell out of me...I know the chances that I'd actually get it but still...
  • Nip/Tuck was very good this week.
  • Talladega Nights comes out on DVD on Tuesday and I can't wait. Praise baby Jesus! (Or teenage Jesus if you prefer)
  • Does anyone get drunk at their work Xmas parties?
What's on everyone's mind today?

*Just can't seem to get excited about tonight but still considering popping the $12 for the sports pack from directv so I can watch it. One of those deals if they win you say "Glad I dropped the cash" or if they lose "What the hell was I thinking?!?!"

*I haven't followed BB as much since the hire of WM. Slowly starting to take notice again though. I'm really not expecting much for this year. 7-9's not probably such a bad guess.

*not a Taco Bell fan. Been spoiled by the real stuff in Nogales.

*Nip/Tuck....Just when you think they've thrown everything possible at you and there couldn't be anything else they toss you another one that makes you say WTF??? Hate that Heroes won't be back on til the end of January.

*With ya on Talladega Nights

*hmmmm....the last major xmas party where we got drunk(in Omaha MANY years ago) my buddy slept with the maid, the company CEO managed to get a kiss outta my wife, an engineer blew chunks under the dinner table and I got my *** grabbed by one of the company hotties....ahhhh good times! Xmas parties with my current company here in Arkansas SUCK!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
1. Iowa and ISU on Friday night in a down year with no sellout tells it all. UNI took the wind out of everyone's sails.

2. Both teams appear headed for bottom half of their conference.

3. NIT would be a real bonus for us.

4. We could use some real on court HEROES.

5. The best player in nation (Oden) will make mincemeat of us in Columbus.

6. We have a chance against Bradley.

7. We need five more wins in preseason to hope for NIT. If we only get three more, it will mean NIT is not in the picture.

8. So far, we are doing worse than Stinson and crew did in last preseason in just looking at floor play. The second half of year Stinson and crew vaporized. The second half is where we need to step on the pedal and shoot for more.

9. Looking forward to those Dec/Jan recruiting visits and signing day for football.

10. Best show might be Boston Legal now that Delta Burke and the smallish daughter gal have entered the auditorium. Just think, we can watch Young Shatner in Star Trek as suave buccaneer on canble, watch Denny Crane as a legal beagle on Tuesday, watch Show Me the Money Shatner on wednesday as a fun loving benovolent game show host. The three sides of William Shatner in same week. Priceless.

11. KFC says they are getting rid of trans fat. When is the next question. Taco Bell is now the new Roy Rogers of the nineties. Gavce scallions a bad name. Hardees uses only Angus.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron