Way Too Early Look at Next Year

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
We lose a hell of a group of seniors, that gave it their all.

Time to hit the reset button and hit the recruiting trail.

Do we have what it takes to be an NCAA Tournament team next year?

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
We lose a hell of a group of seniors, that gave it their all.

Time to hit the reset button and hit the recruiting trail.

Do we have what it takes to be an NCAA Tournament team next year?

The returning guys plus Lard should form a nice upper class core of players. Will be nice to see Babb develop into what I think he can be. This program is in very good hands with Prohm.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Jackson, Babb and Young is a solid core to build from. They all need to take huge leaps forward.

Lard has time with the team, and should slide in next to Young in the post.

Wigginton is the next star, and needs to be the man from day one. Lewis should play, but one of Long or McNeil need to be ready too.

Of course, the three remaining openings will likely make or break the season. Need a big and a shooter, preferably a fifth year too.

NIT is a reasonable expectation, but the dance shouldn't be out of reach

Last edited:

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
We will have growing pains. I dont think we make the tourney, but I have full faith in Prohm, Wigginton, Lard, Jackson, Young, Babb, and Long to practice and take Iowa State to the next level

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It's going to be tough to make the tournament, but I will leave the door open to see what pieces we add. I'm excited for next year and to see the guys develop in the off season. I hope our fans are patient.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Starting 5 as of now
Babb
Jackson
Wigginton
Lewis
Young

Need Juiston badly. And a playmaker grad transfer would be fantastic

I really hope Babb can be a serviceable point guard so we can get out and run with Jackson and Wigginton.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think it's possible. We have a good core of starters.

Jackson
Wiggington
Babb
Lard
Young

Lewis
McNeill

That's a pretty good group of 7 right there. Not to mention if we get a quality juco or transfer. Next year will be better than some think.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Starting 5 as of now
Babb
Jackson
Wigginton
Lewis
Young

Need Juiston badly. And a playmaker grad transfer would be fantastic

I love everyone that wears the cardinal and gold, but I'm having a really hard time seeing how Babb is anything more than a 6th or 7th man.

I'm really excited for Lewis and can't wait to see how CSP retools with all the new pieces.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I love everyone that wears the cardinal and gold, but I'm having a really hard time seeing how Babb is anything more than a 6th or 7th man.

I'm really excited for Lewis and can't wait to see how CSP retools with all the new pieces.

Naz's first year wasn't spectacular, and he didn't show the flashes Babb has. Kid has some tools.

Help Support Us

Become a patron