Iowa Voted #1 OL in Country

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
Analytics, not a poll. The innumeracy of ISU fans always surprises me.

1-11 for CMC.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Analytics, not a poll. The innumeracy of ISU fans always surprises me.

1-11 for CMC.
Not sure what your reading comprehension skills are like (when was the last time you took an ITED?), but this has already been clarified... Multiple times.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It's not a poll. Right or wrong, they're rankings based on grades and analysis.

The answer would be "wrong". I dont know how anyone could think that OL is good. Better than ISU's for sure but Id go closer to 50th than 1st

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
giphy.gif

WR's most definitely. Not sure you can say Iowa's RB's suck. I knew coming into this year that Wadley was the best running back in the state of Iowa, and he has proven that, but Daniels has proven himself to be the 2nd best in the state. Pretty good when you have two backs better than a Heisman contender like Warren.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
WR's most definitely. Not sure you can say Iowa's RB's suck. I knew coming into this year that Wadley was the best running back in the state of Iowa, and he has proven that, but Daniels has proven himself to be the 2nd best in the state. Pretty good when you have two backs better than a Heisman contender like Warren.

They don't have great yards for running behind the best OL in the country and against such a weak schedule

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
They don't have great yards for running behind the best OL in the country and against such a weak schedule

Interesting, Iowa's top three RB's collectively are averaging 6.25 yards per carry, good for 6th in the country. What would you consider great numbers if 6th best isn't great?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Interesting, Iowa's top three RB's collectively are averaging 6.25 yards per carry, good for 6th in the country. What would you consider great numbers if 6th best isn't great?

Who are Iowa's top 3 RB's and where does Iowa rank nationally in total rush offense against that weak schedule?

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
Who are Iowa's top 3 RB's and where does Iowa rank nationally in total rush offense against that weak schedule?

Wadley, Daniels, Mitchell. Of course, I should have left Mitchell out because his ypc brings the average down.

Total rush offense is a pretty useless stat when you factor in the drastic difference in plays run per game. Iowa is 112th nationally in plays per game, of course that is going to depress their total yardage statistics.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wadley, Daniels, Mitchell. Of course, I should have left Mitchell out because his ypc brings the average down.

Total rush offense is a pretty useless stat when you factor in the drastic difference in plays run per game. Iowa is 112th nationally in plays per game, of course that is going to depress their total yardage statistics.

I'm surprised their numbers are that low with that OL and such a weak schedule. Warren would probably average 10-15 yards per carry

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
I'm surprised their numbers are that low with that OL and such a weak schedule. Warren would probably average 10-15 yards per carry

True. Although 10-15 ypc is right around what Daniels and Wadley would be averaging in the defense optional Big 12, so I guess it evens out.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
True. Although 10-15 ypc is right around what Daniels and Wadley would be averaging in the defense optional Big 12, so I guess it evens out.

On a serious note where did you get the 6th in the nation thing? I never knew there was a site that kept RB only rushing averages