Iowa Voted #1 OL in Country

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Wadley, Daniels, Mitchell. Of course, I should have left Mitchell out because his ypc brings the average down.

Total rush offense is a pretty useless stat when you factor in the drastic difference in plays run per game. Iowa is 112th nationally in plays per game, of course that is going to depress their total yardage statistics.

But total plays per game apparently don't count when you're assessing Big 12 defenses?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Wadley and Daniels have been pretty good this year. Wadley especially but combined they only average 27 carries per game. That number is way too low when they are averaging that kind of YPC. Problem is like some have pointed out. Bad receivers and I will go one step more with bad receivers plus horrible Greg Davis passing scheme. Even if you put Lazard on their team I am not convinced he would look great because of the horrible scheme.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Wadley, Daniels, Mitchell. Of course, I should have left Mitchell out because his ypc brings the average down.

Total rush offense is a pretty useless stat when you factor in the drastic difference in plays run per game. Iowa is 112th nationally in plays per game, of course that is going to depress their total yardage statistics.
So you say they are like the Clones on three and outs?.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
q2q9q.jpg

Reactions: GTO

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
What's Iowa's record since this ranking was released?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron