Washington's Lorenzo Romar on TJ Otzelberger's Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
This is beyond irritating. I can't believe we are going to replace hoiberg with TJ. That's a ******* disaster waiting to happen and you think TJ would be smart enough to not be the first guy to follow a legend. And you would think that Iowa state/pollard would not be stupid enough to hire him.

We'd go from a national program to basically the level of iOS, at best. Barf.

Maybe it's NOT centered around us. Maybe, just MAYBE it has something to do with UW and NCAA violations. Maybe.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Guys-
Did you find it odd that TJ cancelled his head coaching interviews at the smaller schools he had scheduled? I am not saying it will definitely happen, but when I read that, it sure seemed to make total sense....I think Williams following Matt may have been an indicator as well...

Hope I am wrong, but I have been under the imression TJ is the next head coach since he announced coming back

Are you ******* serious?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Haha a lot of freaking out over one small comment. Very entertaining to say the least.
If anything, I think this points to Washington more than ISU.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
Are you ******* serious?

Yep, I'm serious....Sure hope I am wrong....It's funny how many members here act irrational about things that could happen, simply because we do not want them to happen......The best we can hope for is that the Bulls make it to the COnference Finals (which would mean beating the Cavs), than I don't think Thibs goes anywhere....other than that, we should all worry.....Who knows if it will happen, but it is a strong possibility

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Or... it's because Otz will be playing a key role and praised by Fred Hoiberg on a team that will sniffing the top 5 all year. Otz has one year at Iowa State to boost his value as a coach, and will have plenty of HC opportunities after that. If he was a member on an average Washington squad, he wouldn't have near the value as this one year at ISU.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
People are delusional if they think the comment was a Washington thing. Freaking delusional.

everything that has happened since TJ came back supports this:
-him canceling head coaching interviews that he was perfect for
-all of his comments about coming back were about coming "home" and **** like that. Hardly mentioned hoiberg at all. He was talking like a head coach.
-the sudden change in recruiting strategy that emphasizes mid-major talent transfers and regional talent.

Tj obviously told romer that he is guaranteed to be next head coach.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Or... it's because Otz will be playing a key role and praised by Fred Hoiberg on a team that will sniffing the top 5 all year. Otz has one year at Iowa State to boost his value as a coach, and will have plenty of HC opportunities after that. If he was a member on an average Washington squad, he wouldn't have near the value as this one year at ISU.

I see this as what Romar meant

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Clearly this means TJ is the lynch pin in signing Diallo.

As in "in a few months (when the Cyclones commence their national championship run) you'll see why he left"

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
"It will all make sense" as in when we make the Final Four within the next 3-5 years and TJ is the hottest assistant and can have his pick of the open non-blue blood P5 jobs that he wants.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Has anyone asked @istatenation what they've heard?!?!? I refuse to believe anything until I hear from them.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
I think Coach Romar meant to say "in the next year and a couple months". I doubt Fred will leave with the group we have coming back but I definitely could see him make the jump next summer.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
People are delusional if they think the comment was a Washington thing. Freaking delusional.

-all of his comments about coming back were about coming "home" and **** like that. Hardly mentioned hoiberg at all. He was talking like a head coach.
-the sudden change in recruiting strategy that emphasizes mid-major talent transfers and regional talent.

We haven't changed our recruiting strategy at all besides we're interested in a top 100 recruit instead of a transfer that committed to Long Beach State. We have a big time transfer visiting this weekend with a big time prep player

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I think your post might be the most delusional one in this thread.

He cancelled head coaching interviews that he may not have gotten anyways, for the chance to come back to somewhere he and his wife loved, for an assistant job that pays just as well as a head coaching job at UWGB would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron