Pretty sure KJ has another year left on contract...

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines
Which goalposts have been moved?

Pretty closed minded that you will only talk wrestling with a dyed in the wool cheerleader type fan. Others have expressed their dismay about the program but you've continued to make this about me and not addressed concerns.
That's total BS again I would challenge all wrestling fans to review my history vs yours. Go away troll so fans can discuss ISU wrestling.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
But it is. NCAA championships are the basis of the "glory days" so many remember so fondly. Ability to win championships is why Sanderson is at PSU.

Frankly NEI, if all you want is to be somewhat better then Jackson is not so far from meeting expectations.

It has been 5 years since we had that kind of finish and it was done with kids he didn't recruit. We were 20 points out of 10th this year and our best two wrestlers graduate. I believe we are far off from meeting expectations.

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines
It has been 5 years since we had that kind of finish and it was done with kids he didn't recruit. We were 20 points out of 10th this year and our best two wrestlers graduate. I believe we are far off from meeting expectations.
No one wants your opinion troll staaaaaaaaahp posting and go away

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
UNI was more than 20 points out of tenth. Unless 'we' has some new meaning I'm unaware of.

isit

Feb 9, 2014
No doubt this has been a painful season. This year was the most engaged i have been with fans and wrestling alumni (not all ISU) in a decade. I don't think I am exaggerating when i say folks out there actually feel SORRY for ISU wrestling fans. It is not a good feeling. The feelings of disgust and impatience run deep and i do worry about fan base erosion in a sport that can ill afford it. I shouldn't be looking forward to a seating upgrade each year because fans become disenchanted. We shouldn't be slamming those that post on this board that don't happen to be drinking from the same chalice That said, I thoroughly enjoyed, along with the rest of the arena, watching Gadson work his magic in St Louis. I enjoyed watching Dante keep the fans engaged during what sometimes what a snooze-fest. The Wisconsin meet was fantastic...hope i don't have to wait another 4 or 5 years to see something of similar value. I hope this team can have a breakthrough season and get back to where they belong in a consistent way

Aug 22, 2013
Just staaaaaaaaahp posting and go away, there is no fan on here besides CycloneGrappler that wants you here

Just for the record I do not care if he is here or not... I only post when I have strong feelings about something. I am a DieHard Cyclone Wrestling fan! Let me make that clear...

2nd Thing - Your eyes will be opened when a few highly talented kids are not back next year... Then you will have to come and apologize to the CycloneGrappler.

There are some high caliber wrestling kids that have not been in the room for weeks... Grades, frustrations etc...

I will wait for my apologies... Around Oct 2015

Aug 22, 2013
RUMORS ARE FLYING ABOUT PERRY..... My fear with change is would they keep the assistants on staff. I am a big fan of T&T... Faith and Character is a nice place to hang your hat. I am predicting nothing but things happen when you least expect it....

Heck look at our finish at the NCAA's... I was 'banking" on a top 8 finish with 4 AA's.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Just for the record I do not care if he is here or not... I only post when I have strong feelings about something. I am a DieHard Cyclone Wrestling fan! Let me make that clear...

2nd Thing - Your eyes will be opened when a few highly talented kids are not back next year... Then you will have to come and apologize to the CycloneGrappler.

There are some high caliber wrestling kids that have not been in the room for weeks... Grades, frustrations etc...

I will wait for my apologies... Around Oct 2015

Just like you told us a year ago that the room was falling apart and that there was no chance we'd do well at NCAAs in 2014 because everyone hated each other? Because that didn't happen. Maybe we've got some people leaving/transferring. Maybe we don't. Maybe half the team quit a month ago and we just don't know about it yet. Maybe they didn't. Your post history is to be very reactive about everything and claim dark times are coming. You've been claiming that the program is one step away from disintegration ever since you registered. And you constantly remind us that you've got inside sources and we'll be sorry we didn't listen to you. You've got a superiority complex. Congrats. Nobody cares. This is 2015. Guys post stuff on Twitter, guys post on facebook. Everybody knows who is or isn't going to practice. Some of us just don't need to feel important by bragging about it, and wait for stuff to settle and get announced before we comment on it.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Just like you told us a year ago that the room was falling apart and that there was no chance we'd do well at NCAAs in 2014 because everyone hated each other? Because that didn't happen. Maybe we've got some people leaving/transferring. Maybe we don't. Maybe half the team quit a month ago and we just don't know about it yet. Maybe they didn't. Your post history is to be very reactive about everything and claim dark times are coming. You've been claiming that the program is one step away from disintegration ever since you registered. And you constantly remind us that you've got inside sources and we'll be sorry we didn't listen to you. You've got a superiority complex. Congrats. Nobody cares. This is 2015. Guys post stuff on Twitter, guys post on facebook. Everybody knows who is or isn't going to practice. Some of us just don't need to feel important by bragging about it, and wait for stuff to settle and get announced before we comment on it.

I find it rather curious in one thread he's telling us a bunch of guys are leaving then in another thread projects a lineup based on the room today and no one appears to be missing.

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
I too get sick of NEI's UNI barbs. They are wholly gratuitous. Sure, Shwab was a nice local boy hire for them. He seems to have effaced the apathy of the Penrith years (although new money from the AD played a role equal to Schwab's coaching, I'd wager). UNI has regained a modicum of relevance. I hope they can maintain it.

That said, questions about KJ's progress and/or the state of ISU wrestling are not out of line. Until performance on the mat erases them, critics will find an audience ... and justifiably so. A top 10 finish, after all, could have ended all this. We did not get one.

O M G one concern troll trolling another

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I too get sick of NEI's UNI barbs. They are wholly gratuitous. Sure, Shwab was a nice local boy hire for them. He seems to have effaced the apathy of the Penrith years (although new money from the AD played a role equal to Schwab's coaching, I'd wager). UNI has regained a modicum of relevance. I hope they can maintain it.

That said, questions about KJ's progress and/or the state of ISU wrestling are not out of line. Until performance on the mat erases them, critics will find an audience ... and justifiably so. A top 10 finish, after all, could have ended all this. We did not get one.

I have never initiated a comment or discussion point about UNI. It has always been someone trying to play "gotcha."

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines

Completely agree, would love to have the conversation in a thread that does not include posters whose resume's are built completely on negative posts about our wrestlers, coaches and AD.

No rational ISU fan thinks we are where we would like to be,not recognizing Jackson for the effort it took to climb out of the dark hole that Cael left is just ridiculous. Does it justify keeping him? I don't know, I have concerns as well.

Heck this site has given more praise to Zeke for no actual results than we give Jackson credit for pulling the 35th (what Cael actually left us with) ranked team to a top 15 team.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
RUMORS ARE FLYING ABOUT PERRY..... My fear with change is would they keep the assistants on staff. I am a big fan of T&T... Faith and Character is a nice place to hang your hat. I am predicting nothing but things happen when you least expect it....

Heck look at our finish at the NCAA's... I was 'banking" on a top 8 finish with 4 AA's.

What are these supposed rumors your talking about?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Go to Hawkeye Report. Supposedly Mark Perry was hired as Iowa State coach yesterday.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
What are these supposed rumors your talking about?

A thread on Hawkeye Report is literally the only place said rumors are 'flying'. And that's basically one poster saying they heard it and everybody else just debating whether it would be a good move.