Pretty sure KJ has another year left on contract...

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
RUMORS ARE FLYING ABOUT PERRY..... My fear with change is would they keep the assistants on staff. I am a big fan of T&T... Faith and Character is a nice place to hang your hat. I am predicting nothing but things happen when you least expect it....

Heck look at our finish at the NCAA's... I was 'banking" on a top 8 finish with 4 AA's.
Okay *** clown now you have just made me somewhat edgy. WHO ARE YOU FOR THE 100TH TIME AND WHO ARE YOUR SOURCES (obvious this time it is that garbage iowa message board)??? You refuse to answer me. If you have legit sources then you will have no problem saying and if that is the case I will eat crow and apologize (doubt I'll have to do that). If not, stop being a ****** nugget and leave this board. We as fans don't need your BS posting

Aug 22, 2013
Okay *** clown now you have just made me somewhat edgy. WHO ARE YOU FOR THE

Your brilliant in thinking someone with stake in the program would go public - Really? Are you going to work tomorrow and tell your bosses you think the company needs to make changes or just continue to tell your peers over a beer?

Come on ISU22Cy ---- you are smarter then that.

Signed Krusty The Klown

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Your brilliant in thinking someone with stake in the program would go public - Really? Are you going to work tomorrow and tell your bosses you think the company needs to make changes or just continue to tell your peers over a beer?

Come on ISU22Cy ---- you are smarter then that.

Signed Krusty The Klown
Okay so you have a stake in the program...What kind of stake? Ticket holder? Kid on the team that isn't good enough to crack KJ's lineup? 2nd cousin's daughter's friend is banging the kid that sits behind one of the wrestlers in class? I mean what kind of stake do you have in the program? If you are apart of the team or apart of the coaching staff or any staff please do us a solid and quite today.

Again come out and say who you are...okay okay fine don't do that...say what ties you have to the program.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Okay so you have a stake in the program...What kind of stake? Ticket holder? Kid on the team that isn't good enough to crack KJ's lineup? 2nd cousin's daughter's friend is banging the kid that sits behind one of the wrestlers in class? I mean what kind of stake do you have in the program? If you are apart of the team or apart of the coaching staff or any staff please do us a solid and quite today.

Again come out and say who you are...okay okay fine don't do that...say what ties you have to the program.

Registered Hawkeye Report forums member.

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines

This. .... don't want a name just a short description of how you may have the "inside track" otherwise CycloneGrappler you have no credibility and can staaaaaaaaahp posting and go away. Yep I will derail every thread you post in from here on out until you answer. Effectively destroying the 2nd site dedicated to ISU wrestling fans, at least on this site the good news is here we at least get a respite when good things happen.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
This. .... don't want a name just a short description of how you may have the "inside track" otherwise CycloneGrappler you have no credibility and can staaaaaaaaahp posting and go away. Yep I will derail every thread you post in from here on out until you answer. Effectively destroying the 2nd site dedicated to ISU wrestling fans, at least on this site the good news is here we at least get a respite when good things happen.

I don't see anyone leveling personal attacks on other posters or the like. Perhaps if people stuck to discussing wrestling and not board personalities things wouldn't be "destroyed." Several posters have already commented as much.

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines
I don't see anyone leveling personal attacks on other posters or the like. Perhaps if people stuck to discussing wrestling and not board personalities things wouldn't be "destroyed." Several posters have already commented as much.

Nope, the posters that agree with you are drive by's, haven't looked at your post history, btw- you are not wanted here. Sthaaap posting and go away concern troll. As long as you continue to post I'll either get banned, or we won't have a single productive thread you post in. Just. Go. Away........

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Nope, the posters that agree with you are drive by's, haven't looked at your post history, btw- you are not wanted here. Sthaaap posting and go away concern troll. As long as you continue to post I'll either get banned, or we won't have a single productive thread you post in. Just. Go. Away........

You might get banned if I keep posting? I don't think I will be that lucky but I will certainly make an effort.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Wrestling program building to a crescendo just like seven years of fball have under CPR.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
That, and the bank account.
attachment.php

Attachments

• tumblr_mx9us2lRL21rpncwuo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mx9us2lRL21rpncwuo1_500.gif
    782.2 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: LindenCy

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
That, and the bank account.

Yeah money may of been bit of a factor but if you ever met Cael, guy is as down to earth as you can get. Met him multiple times when he coached here, even golfed with him at the Cyclone Wrestling Club golf outing. I think there is more to the story as to why he left but we won't know that. But I truly feel that if ISU would of offered him a decent salary he would of stayed. There is no way Cael left cause of money. Talent may of been one of the reason but once again we probably won't ever know.

Last edited:

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Yeah money may of been bit of a factor but if you ever met Cael, guy is as down to earth as you can get. Met him multiple times when he coached here, even golfed with him at the Cyclone Wrestling Club golf outing. I think there is more to the story as to why he left but we won't know that. But I truly feel that if ISU would of offered him a decent salary he would of stayed. There is no way Cael left cause of money. Talent may of been one of the reason but once again we probably won't ever know.
It's not stated, but usually when there are big changes made to resources after a coaching change (completely renovating 2nd floor of Lied), it's usually something the previous staff had been complaining about for a while.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
It's not stated, but usually when there are big changes made to resources after a coaching change (completely renovating 2nd floor of Lied), it's usually something the previous staff had been complaining about for a while.

Plus it isn't just money for him, it's for the whole program. I say this with the utmost respect for the guys in the CWC, who I think do a great job as workout partners and as representatives of the CWC at national and international events, but look at their credentials compared to the senior guys Cael has at the Penn State Wrestling Club.

In the other thread you made a comment about who are peer schools are, and if you look at our senior level athletes I think that bears out even more. The regional training center approach to Freestyle has really exploded and we've got some good athletes in the CWC, but we don't have name guys like Dake, Taylor, or Ruth.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Yeah money may of been bit of a factor..... There is no way Cael left cause of money. Talent may of been one of the reason....

There is usually multiple factors. And money was one of the factors. Not saying taking a job for a huge increase in salary is a bad thing. Most of us would do it and it's OK to acknowledge it.