Friday OT - Favorite Video Games

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Old games I use to play: Crash Bandicoot(racing and the adventure), Fusion Frenzy and Need for Speed.
XBOX games I think I'm good at: Guitar Hero, FIFA
XBOX games I play because all my friends play it: GTA 5, Advanced Warfare
Games I play when I have time: Guild Wars 2(Mac)

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Calibur is probably my favorite old game. Played through it about 5 times and it was probably the only good RPG on the N64. Put a lot of time into Risk 2 and Age of Empires 2. Also put quite a bit of time into World of Warcraft back before all the expansions.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
My list (too long, I know):

RPG: Panzer Dragoon Saga (Sega Saturn), Albert Odyssey (Sega Saturn), Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Beat 'em up: Guardian Heroes (Sega Saturn), Ninjawarriors (SNES), and Streets of Rage 2 (Sega Genesis) - I could play any of these all day long.

Fighting: Capcom vs. SNK 2 (Dreamcast, Xbox) - best fighting game ever, MvC2 (Dreamcast)

Sports: NBA Hangtime (Arcade)

SHMUP (my favorite genre) - Too many to list, but I'll keep it down to 5: Zero Gunner 2 (Dreamcast), Ikaruga (Dreamcast), Radiant Silvergun (Sega Saturn), Guardian Force (Sega Saturn), Mushihimesama HD (Xbox 360)

Party/Multiplayer: Gauntlet Dark Legacy (Xbox)

FPS: Doom 3 (Xbox)

Platformer: Skullmonkeys (PS1), Gunstar Heroes (Sega Genesis), Gunner's Heaven (PS1)

There are so many more, but these are the ones that came to mind as some of my favorites. All I can tell you is that I have WAY too many videogames (and don't have time to play them anymore ) :sad:

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
Where do I even begin on this one? It's hard for me to pick a single favorite but here are 15 of them in alphabetical order.

Disclaimer: I'm an big RPG Fan

Bioshock
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII
Mega Man 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metroid Prime
Persona 3
Portal 2
Suikoden II
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tales of Destiny II
The Last of Us
Uncharted 2
Xenoblade Chronicles

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Where do I even begin on this one? It's hard for me to pick a single favorite but here are 15 of them in alphabetical order.

Bioshock
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII
Mega Man 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metroid Prime
Persona 3
Portal 2
Suikoden II
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tales of Destiny II
The Last of Us
Uncharted 2
Xenoblade Chronicles

Nice selection!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Bioshock
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII
Mega Man 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metroid Prime
Persona 3
Portal 2
Suikoden II
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tales of Destiny II
The Last of Us
Uncharted 2
Xenoblade Chronicles

Going back to another game thread, Suikoden 2 is one of the few games that I ever finished.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Forgot Civ 5. 10/10 game with the expansions. By far the most time I've put into a video game except maybe WOW in high school.

Another one, Need For Speed Underdround 2.

Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Last edited:

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Wonderful, another Friday OT that makes me feel old. So here are my thoughts. I grew up on the Nintendo ES. By the time the Super Nintendo came around, I was too old to dive into it too much. But my votes go to:

Super Mario Bro's: pretty hard to not put this at the top when my kids continue to play the same "version" on their game players.

1942: for some reason I absolutely loved this game.

Contra: same thing, my buddies never got into this one, but I loved this game. I always told myself I wanted to grow up to be one of these dudes.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
When I was younger, it was Missile Command and Asteroids. I got hooked on Lemmings until the last stage, a while back. Now its Tiger Woods Golf on the Wii.

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
Duke Nukem 3D, GTA Vice City and the original Half Life on PC. I played all of those all the way through at least 3 times.

oh and

<---------------

on my MAME cabinet.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Games I've spent the most time on

PC:
Civ3
Civ4

Sega:
Sonic series

PS1
Final Fantasy 7

PS3
NCAA Football series
Lego Marvel (with my kids)

Games that are just plain awesome, The Last of Us

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Halo

Competitive play, speedrunning, tricks/glitches: I love every aspect of this game. Halo MCC has been a pretty big let down for me.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Everquest from 99-03. I'm still not sure if it's my favorite or least favorite game ever but I certainly played it more than anything else.