NSCR: 2015 is Gordon's last full season

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
1. I don't pay attention too much to Nascar, but hasn't Gordon been injured constantly the last few years? Just seems like he always has a back or a knee injury.

2. I really hope he lands a job at ESPN and does more than just Nascar. Dude has a great TV personality.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He'd have like 5-6 championships without the gimmicky points systems.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Wow, NASCAR without Wonder Boy. Not a total shock as his back has been a problem the last couple years. I also think he would have retired this past year had the points not screwed him over. Chase Elliott will be a great kid for all the Gordon fans to jump to. That's where I'm going when Jr. retires. Wow, can't believe that is something that isn't too far away either.

ghettocowboy4cy

Oct 27, 2013
He would have number 7 this past season had that crappy points system had not been in place. Hate yo see him go been a fan since 97. But I'll support chase when he steps into the 24.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
1. I don't pay attention too much to Nascar, but hasn't Gordon been injured constantly the last few years? Just seems like he always has a back or a knee injury.

2. I really hope he lands a job at ESPN and does more than just Nascar. Dude has a great TV personality.

No, Gordon hasn't been injured (at least to the point of missing races). Maybe you are thinking of Denny Hamlin?

This was really surprising to me. Everyone knows Gordon is on the back end of his career but he is still performing at a VERY high level.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
He would have number 7 this past season had that crappy points system had not been in place. Hate yo see him go been a fan since 97. But I'll support chase when he steps into the 24.

I disagree on the points system. Last year's Chase brought a ton of interest back.

I don't get the dislike for the new format. Would everyone want to crown the Super Bowl champion based on the regular season? Hell no, the playoffs are what everyone lives for. I'm glad NASCAR is going more towards that format.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
tumblr_mo34mk8TeY1srqr8so1_1280.gif

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006

This^.... Exhibit A:
[video=youtube;S7jmhxuIh3Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jmhxuIh3Y[/video]
Exhibit B:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRIgmKGDqFM

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I disagree on the points system. Last year's Chase brought a ton of interest back.

I don't get the dislike for the new format. Would everyone want to crown the Super Bowl champion based on the regular season? Hell no, the playoffs are what everyone lives for. I'm glad NASCAR is going more towards that format.

NASCAR is one of the few sports where a playoff just doesn't really work. Same for golf, but not to the extent. In NASCAR you aren't even just competing against the others in the playoff. At least in Golf they cut out those not involved in the playoff.

I guess one thing I wouldn't mind would be to see a regular season and a chase champion.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks like NASCAR will be doing a ratings reboot. Jeff is the face we like to see the most.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Richard Petty has 200 wins to Gordon's 92? Is such a thing even possible?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
No, Gordon hasn't been injured (at least to the point of missing races). Maybe you are thinking of Denny Hamlin?

This was really surprising to me. Everyone knows Gordon is on the back end of his career but he is still performing at a VERY high level.

Gordon's back has been bothering him a lot the past few years, he's been pretty vocal about it not allowing him to race for much longer.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Seriously though, this really bums me out. Who will I cheer for?

Chase! I feel like that's where all the Jr. fans will end up as well. And then Gordon and Jr. fans will finally be one. Haha.

But yeah, my brother who is about your age hasn't ever gone to a race and he's looking up tickets so he can see Jeff sometime yet this year.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Once Gordon retires they'll promote Chase Elliott to the big show. It's all a huge plan that has probably been in place for a long, long time.