NSCR: 2015 is Gordon's last full season

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Once Gordon retires they'll promote Chase Elliott to the big show. It's all a huge plan that has probably been in place for a long, long time.

a lot of people thought Kahne would get pushed out for Chase but when they renewed Kasey's contract last year, the writing was on the wall that Gordon would be leaving soon.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Chase! I feel like that's where all the Jr. fans will end up as well. And then Gordon and Jr. fans will finally be one. Haha.

But yeah, my brother who is about your age hasn't ever gone to a race and he's looking up tickets so he can see Jeff sometime yet this year.

Ouch. Tickets for this season are going to be scarce or astronomically high on the third-party market since this will be "Gordon's Victory Tour".

Off to check Kansas/Chicagoland Speedway tickets!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Ouch. Tickets for this season are going to be scarce or astronomically high on the third-party market since this will be "Gordon's Victory Tour".

Off to check Kansas/Chicagoland Speedway tickets!

I think it'll actually not be too bad after seeing how empty stands were last year. My brother said he saw Chicagoland ones at $100 including a pit pass. Not sure where seats are at. Probably Cicero.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I think it'll actually not be too bad after seeing how empty stands were last year. My brother said he saw Chicagoland ones at $100 including a pit pass. Not sure where seats are at. Probably Cicero.

If I remember the orientation of the speedway, more like Dwight or Morris.

Hmmm. Kansas just might be doable. Their first race is early May, doesn't conflict with husband's work schedule, and it's a Saturday night "under the lights" race.

CF trip? Slight :jimlad:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Pretty much every race I saw on TV last season had lots of empty seats. I've never been to a race but have always wanted. I've heard Kansas is lousy but would still be better than nothing and easy to get to.

ghettocowboy4cy

Oct 27, 2013
I disagree on the points system. Last year's Chase brought a ton of interest back.

I don't get the dislike for the new format. Would everyone want to crown the Super Bowl champion based on the regular season? Hell no, the playoffs are what everyone lives for. I'm glad NASCAR is going more towards that format.

NASCAR is not a stick and ball sport.... but maybe I'm just an old school fan.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Having a playoff in a sport that is 1v1 head-to-head makes sense.

Having a "playoff" in a sport where you have head-to-head group competitions over the course of a year... doesn't make as much sense.

Would you reset the standings of a golf tournament after the Saturday rounds? No.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Chase! I feel like that's where all the Jr. fans will end up as well. And then Gordon and Jr. fans will finally be one. Haha.

But yeah, my brother who is about your age hasn't ever gone to a race and he's looking up tickets so he can see Jeff sometime yet this year.

Tell your brother that I will go in with him to get to a race.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Tell your brother that I will go in with him to get to a race.

he'd most likely be going to Chicagoland. If you are super serial, let me know and I'll see if he actually did plan to get tickets.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
ooooooooooo I totally forgot this is in September. I was thinking that race was still in July and I'd be a for sure no go with the house. Hmmmm.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
a lot of people thought Kahne would get pushed out for Chase but when they renewed Kasey's contract last year, the writing was on the wall that Gordon would be leaving soon.

And those people were big fools that don't have common sense to know Hedrick is very fond of what Kahne brings to his racing franchise.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
And those people were big fools that don't have common sense to know Hedrick is very fond of what Kahne brings to his racing franchise.

If they didn't want to lose Chase to someone else though, it wasn't hard to see that happening.....no matter all the ladies Kasey brings in. I figured they would just make Chase sit and spin in Nationwide for another couple years or somehow get that JRM car moved up even though Jr has said he doesn't want to run his cars at that level. That's what I really thought they'd do if Gordon was going to be in past 2016. I didn't think they would want to get rid of Kasey, but compared to the rest of the team, he'd have to be first man out.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If they didn't want to lose Chase to someone else though, it wasn't hard to see that happening.....no matter all the ladies Kasey brings in. I figured they would just make Chase sit and spin in Nationwide for another couple years or somehow get that JRM car moved up even though Jr has said he doesn't want to run his cars at that level. That's what I really thought they'd do if Gordon was going to be in past 2016. I didn't think they would want to get rid of Kasey, but compared to the rest of the team, he'd have to be first man out.
Wasn't gonna happen...

1. I think it was "known" Jeff would retire either last season or after this season
2. 5th car would have been brought in under Hendricks, I mean, Dale's team ownership :)

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
NASCAR going to lose a lot of fans when Jeff goes. Last years chase outcome didn't help the sport.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I have been a fan of Jeff Gordon since he was a rookie back in 93. He is the only guy I tune into a race to see. When he is out of the race, I turn the channel most of the time. NASCAR is for sure going to lose a lot of viewers after this season. This season however, might see an increase in viewership with this being his final season. This really sucks from a fans perspective.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Not only will Chase Elliott become a big fan favorite, but I forgot about Kyle Larson. People have been saying he is the next Jeff Gordan anyway. Crisis may have been averted.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
NASCAR will die even more (even though it pretty much already is) without this dude. Has carried the sport and is the GOAT in my opinion. He has 7 'ships without the Chase.

Help Support Us

Become a patron