Dish Network won't air CFB on FS1 incl. NDSU game

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Don't these things usually get ironed out at the last minute?? I looked on my guide and as of right now it shows "Programming not available".

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I just wrote Dishnetork an email letting them know if this isn't resolved before 8/30 I will be leaving them. I've been a customer since 1999. I suggest any other Dish customers do the same.

I suspect my strongly worded email will change there minds right before the game is broadcast.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
I just wrote Dishnetork an email letting them know if this isn't resolved before 8/30 I will be leaving them. I've been a customer since 1999. I suggest any other Dish customers do the same.

I suspect my strongly worded email will change there minds right before the game is broadcast.

Bcc Pollard on these

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

Lol..

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
They claim they don't want to pass the costs onto their customers. Didn't someone post on here that it is essentially the equivalence of .35 per month per subscriber for FS1?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Don't these things usually get ironed out at the last minute?? I looked on my guide and as of right now it shows "Programming not available".

I can only think of one time in a dispute like this where something wasn't resolved before the **** hit the fan. Dish dropped AMC for a few months. They missed the first week of the walking dead. Everyone freaked out and not surprisingly a deal was reached by the next week. Hopefully it gets worked out, but I'll be at the game anyways so no bother for now. I'm pumped to check out ESPN Gooal Line and Buzzer Beater on Dish this year.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I am really blaming fox on this one. They seem to hold the cards. The provide the content and just keep raising rates. its a tough thing to balance.

I was stoked about Dish before today. I have 2 hoppers great service, SEC, Pac12, BTN, and others in the sports pak.
Just got the LHN (only will watch ISU related) THen I see this....

Really?

The problem is.....if I switch they will probably resolve it and then another provider will get into some chess match again...frustrating.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Dish Network is still around? I guess poor people like satellite TV, too.

wow....nice post.....Dish has the best hardware in the business. Just because I can't get the MLB pack and Sunday ticket doesn't make others better.. I like the twins (on fox sports north) and the Vikings.
Dont need it.

and you will have to trust me....far from poor.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
I am really blaming fox on this one. They seem to hold the cards. The provide the content and just keep raising rates. its a tough thing to balance.

Eh. Dish Network customers didn't enter into a contract with FOX. If I made and sold paper and the loggers who cut trees down started charging me more, I'm not going to deliver boxes of urine soaked paper to my customers out of spite for the tree-cutters.

The content providers certainly have leverage with their bundled pricing but the server providers have been sitting at the profit table with them.

I imagine FOX, falsely, views themselves on same plan as ESPN. FOX probably found out about details of ESPN/SEC Network deals and wants to up their pct of subscriber fees to keep pace.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've got dish scheduled to be installed as part of my whole tv revamping protect I am doing. Guess that could be changing.

ogie4ISU

Jun 15, 2011
Baxter, Iowa
I called and they said they are just standing their ground so they won't have to pass the cost onto the customers. I did mention that Direct TV isn't passing the cost onto their customers.They gave me $10 discount/ month for six months

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I called and they said they are just standing their ground so they won't have to pass the cost onto the customers. I did mention that Direct TV isn't passing the cost onto their customers.They gave me $10 discount/ month for six months

That's all? I was planning on calling tonight and demanding a new hopper and a $50 / month credit through football season. I'm not tied into a contract with them right now so I guess I could always do DirecTV for a backup plan.

I'm not too worried about the first two games since I won't be watching them at home anyway, but I could a whole lot of games going to FS1 this year.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Just remember if you switch from dish to DirecTV because of the NDSU game not being broadcast you will just have to switch back when the Texa$ game is on since DirecTV doesn't carry the longhorn network.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
So I cut the cord 7 years ago. And this fall I want either DTV or Dish. Is this situation a good enough reason to choose DTV over dish for a new customer?

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Just remember if you switch from dish to DirecTV because of the NDSU game not being broadcast you will just have to switch back when the Texa$ game is on since DirecTV doesn't carry the longhorn network.

It will also be on Cyclones.tv, and I'd rather support FS1 over the lhn.