Manziel Gesture

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The kid seems like an immature pos and I doubt anything changes that. Him coming back after nearly losing his college eligibility and immediately making the money gesture just proves what a ******* he is. He will get his *** stomped for a couple of years and then wash out like tebow.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
so, you think televised sports ought to allow flipping the bird?

I wish there was more of it, sportsmanship is about the least fun aspect of sports. Drop the act and give me more late 80's Miami shenanigans and I'd be the happiest sports fan alive.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Love Johnny Football. A middle finger is far from "OK" but in the grand scheme of things its nothing. I bet most plays has some obscene gesture or language involved in them, just happens to be the camera is always, and I mean, always on JFF. Does he need to grow up? Of course, but remember this is a 21 year old kid that was spoiled growing up and forced into the limelight at 18/19. I love watching him play and hope he is successful.

He'll make some more mistakes, but just keep in mind it could be a lot worse. He's partying and cocky. Most 18-22 year olds have a tendency to be like that. He just happens to be extremely skilled at football.

But I realize this was about flipping the bird, remember we had one of our own do that to a school of mormons. Obviously Ejim and Manziel couldn't be more different, but these guys are competitors and things happen in the heat of the moment.

Agreed. Love the Manziel. The kid is living it up and enjoying his life. I hope he has a very successful career.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The kid seems like an immature pos and I doubt anything changes that. Him coming back after nearly losing his college eligibility and immediately making the money gesture just proves what a ******* he is. He will get his *** stomped for a couple of years and then wash out like tebow.

He pretty much stood up to everybody when he made that money gesture, and they let him keep playing.

If anything, that makes him mature beyond his years.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

I'm sure he'll be fine either way. He's the anti-Tebow and the media laps this **** up.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I love it. I love a good train wreck. If his career goes as I think it will, it's going to be must see TV for a couple of years.
That's why I wish he wasn't on the browns. I want to watch him fail, but I'm also a brown's fan so that would hurt my favorite team

Last edited:

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I wish there was more of it, sportsmanship is about the least fun aspect of sports. Drop the act and give me more late 80's Miami shenanigans and I'd be the happiest sports fan alive.

Wow. So you think athletes acting like immature a-holes is a good thing? Call me an old stick-in-the-mud if you want, but that's terrible. Personally I would rather have more sportsmanship than less, but whatever.

Unless you like having 8-year-olds copy what they see on TV and acting like a-holes in public themselves. They're already immature, so they can't help that.

And as for the guy saying they should let them dunk on the goalposts again - if Jimmy Graham hadn't knocked the uprights askew with dunking last year, causing the game to be delayed, that probably still would be legal. If you're gonna dunk, you gotta get up there and do it instead of hanging on the "rim." C'mon, man!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
It's kind of funny how some people absolutely love him while others absolutely hate him. Not a whole lot of people indifferent.

Personally, I'm not a fan. Call me boring, but I'd rather have my kids look up to a guy like Peyton Manning than this spoiled tool. I fully anticipate him being irrelevant within 3 years.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I'm sure he'll be fine either way. He's the anti-Tebow and the media laps this **** up.

He will be out if the league in a couple years...can't run around like he does, eventually a linebacker or d lineman wraps you up and it's over...his arm isn't good enough anyway, not an nfl player, great college player, just not nfl player

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
1. You don't know how football works if you think Manziel will have a successful career. The only reason Manziel will ever start a football game is to make money from the fans, not to win.

2. I'm so glad Manziel is in Cleveland and nowhere else. If there was one place where I had to send the ********* of all role models, it would be Cleveland, because those kids already have horrible lives.

3. I wish nothing but failure for him. He thinks he's all that. You think he really cares that he was late to a meeting? You think he really cares that people are calling him out for flipping the bird? Seriously, in the NFL, I would take Steele Jantz or any former Hawk QB over Johnny Manziel. They may not be as talented as Manziel, but at least they won't bring embarrassment to the organization.

Manziel may be the anti-Tebow, but he's taking the same course as Tebow. Media acts like he's all they got for one, maybe two years, then realize he's a pile of crap on the field, he gets cut.

Unlike Tebow, he will announce at the age of 25 that he's bankrupt because he spent all his moneys on strippers and blow.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's more than just the Manzel thing. They have cracked down on all types of celebrations. These guys are Professionals and Entertainers let them have some fun and do their celebrations.

Biggest example is going into crowd and taking a ball from the fans on the rare occasion one flies in there...obvious that the cost of having one or two extra balls at a game far outweighs the negative pr of a rich organization taking balls from fans.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Johnny Football was given a gift when the biggest sports star on the planet came back to Cleveland. If I'm his agent or publicist I'm counting the days until LeBron plays games for the Cavs.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sure he wasn't pretending to be from Texas by doing the hookem horns gesture as he was embarrassed by his performance?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

This actually doesn't surprise me a bit, coming from you.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
It's kind of funny how some people absolutely love him while others absolutely hate him. Not a whole lot of people indifferent.

Personally, I'm not a fan. Call me boring, but I'd rather have my kids look up to a guy like Peyton Manning than this spoiled tool. I fully anticipate him being irrelevant within 3 years.

I wouldn't say that I hate the guy, but I do think his act has already gotten old and we're not even to the start of the regular season yet.

I'm not even sure he's a "bad guy" necessarily, but he does need to grow up.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Flipped the bird over his shoulder for a split second as he ran away from the Skins bench? You're a big man Johnny Football. Haha, what a joke.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I wish people wouldn't compare Maziel and Tebow. Tebow is a far better person.

Help Support Us

Become a patron