Thug U

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
A couple alcohol-related arrest does not Iowa Thug U make. As for McCabe, he acted stupidly, but the guy was asking for it. I've known plenty of people who have gotten into a bar fight, and that didn't make them thugs.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I thought this thread was going to be about Scott Christopherson starting his own University.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
A couple alcohol-related arrest does not Iowa Thug U make. As for McCabe, he acted stupidly, but the guy was asking for it. I've known plenty of people who have gotten into a bar fight, and that didn't make them thugs.

agreed....

HOWEVER... if your coach has to defend the position, it isn't on the right track and the message isn't in their control.

this line is gold.

"I wish I had a lot of Josh Oglesbys. Put it that way."

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
huh?

But seriously what does make a school Thug U? Would you qualify ISU as Thug U like so many of your fellow hawkeyes?

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
"I haven't really talked to him too much since we suspended him," McCaffery said. "He's got to work through it. He's got to do better. Basically, I'm not worried about him. But he has to change his behavior."

This was the quote that was odd to me. He is not worried about a player that he has had to discipline 2x this offseason for identical offences, and does not feel the need to talk to that player. Seems strange.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
huh?

But seriously what does make a school Thug U? Would you qualify ISU as Thug U like so many of your fellow hawkeyes?

I wasn't quite sure how to phrase that like Yoda.

And no, I don't consider ISU to be Thug U. Never have, and there's no reason to change that opinion right now. Miami actually earned that Thug U title. The overwhelming majority of both Iowa and ISU's arrests/legal issues are of the public intox/PAULA variety. Not serious crimes.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Hawks fans keep referring to ISU's program as Thug U while the DM Register headline quotes their coach as saying "We don't have thugs".

Isn't it ironic....don't you think? A little too ironic. Yeah, I really do think. It's like rain on your wedding day...

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Hawks fans keep referring to ISU's program as Thug U while the DM Register headline quotes their coach as saying "We don't have thugs".

Isn't it ironic....don't you think? A little too ironic. Yeah, I really do think. It's like rain on your wedding day...

Have you ever actually heard somebody call isu thug u in real life? Or just message boards?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Have you ever actually heard somebody call isu thug u in real life? Or just message boards?

I haven't, most Iowa fans that I know started following prior to last season so they missed out on most of the transfer era and Thug Lyfe in the flesh.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron