ESPN's Big 12 blog picks Cyclones to go winless in league

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
indiana-jones-popcorn.gif

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Good. Everyone already has us penciled in as a W in their books. My guess is we win 6 or 7. If they are right about the conference slate then I don't see two wins!

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Not surprised. No one gives Iowa a second thought in football or (at least until this coming year) basketball. I am surprised however they have ISU beating NDSU and not beating Kansas...I suppose the Kansas game is in Kansas but that shouldn't really matter with their track record of bringing fans to games.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
*ESPN Bosses* - "Hey guys, what do you think will generate a **** ton of page views?"

*ESPN Bloggers* - "Umm pick OU to win and **** off ISU fans?"

*ESPN Bosses* - "Brilliant. Raises all around!"

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
not clicking the link to that blog.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
First thing that comes to mind....I love Major League.

"All right people, we got 10 minutes 'till game time, let's all gather 'round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big ****burger to eat!"

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Its weird... they have ISU graduates on staff... it wouldn't even be that hard to walk across the building to ask unless these bloggers are just being fat sitting at home on their couches having never been to Ames... oh wait... carry on

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010

The story line for 2014 is going to be redemption. It will start with Mark Mangino and filter all the way through the program. Can't wait for later in the year when the lede of the story on the front page of espn.com reads, "Picked last in the conference, the Cyclones are proving their doubters wrong"

I hope Joe Tesitore gets to do one of our games this year. He will milk this for all it's worth.