Attention Nerds:

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
43.gif

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I always found it funny that people think people who Cosplay are weird, yet find dressing up for Halloween completely normal.

I think it's more because people that dress up for Halloween know it's just a costume and don't actually try to live it as an alternate lifestyle.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I always found it funny that people think people who Cosplay are weird, yet find dressing up for Halloween completely normal.

Halloween is once a year and did it traditionally to ward off evil spirits. Male cosplayers do it throughout the year to ward off women..........

Women cosplayers do it because well.....attention.

Joking aside, I have no problem with them doing it. Its funny and some of it is pretty damn creative.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Oh, I think people who cosplay are weird, but that don't mean I'm not going to enjoy the chicks in spandex. But, I'm pretty much the same way with Halloween, so I guess I'm good.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
Isn't the complaint now that Comic-Con sold out, and is too mainstream?
I have no problem with it. I am a nerd but if you want to see true nerds, go to a smaller Con. I have gone to a few local ones and one time accidentally stumbled into the room with the gamers (Magic: The Gathering, D&D, etc). Holy crow, that is another level in that room.

Last edited:

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I have no problem with it. I am a nerd but if you want to see true nerds, you see true nerds, go to a smaller Con. I have gone to a few local ones and one time accidentally stumbled into the room with the gamers (Magic: The Gathering, D&D, etc). Holy crow, that is another level in that room.

I have have had a similar experience as well.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Yea, those silly nerds making costumes and pretending to be somebody else. Now lets all get back to obsessively following the whims recruited HS kids and prepping to draft fantasy rosters. That's definitely not a bunch of grown men pretending to be coaches and NFL GMs, no sir.

Help Support Us

Become a patron