David Irving

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
As long as they can win some football games, I'm all for it.

Let's not try to act like anything beyond wins and losses truly matters to fans. We can sit here and anonymously lie back and forth at each other about how much we care about the character of the players, but I'd prefer to not waste the time.

When players become a cancer to your program you don't keep them based on how much the individual can help you team you get rid of them because of the damage that would be caused by showing the behavior would be tolerated.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Honor Before Victory.

Yeah, no thanks. I'll take the victory, I don't care about the ridiculous ideal of honor in sports.

Seriously, do you understand why programs use the phrase 'Honor Before Victory'? It's because they don't win much. Plain and simple.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Irving has moved back to Cali. I think he had to come back for a few days ago for some reason, at least thats what it looked like on twitter.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I feel like for a d-lineman to really affect win-loss totals you need to be talking about someone like N. Suh or Clowney.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I feel like for a d-lineman to really affect win-loss totals you need to be talking about someone like N. Suh or Clowney.

There is nothing more powerful in football than interior disruption. Pressure through the middle of the pocket messes absolutely everything up.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
There is nothing more powerful in football than interior disruption. Pressure through the middle of the pocket messes absolutely everything up.
I was more talking about between like say a competent d-lineman and a superstar d-lineman. Our problem isn't that Coe and Irving were stars, it's we don't have any competent lineman.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I was more talking about between like say a competent d-lineman and a superstar d-lineman. Our problem isn't that Coe and Irving were stars, it's we don't have any competent lineman.

Irving at DT and Coe, those guys were playmakers. The closest thing we had. Especially Coe.

My hope he we have a much more disciplined defense and the sum is greater the whole of the parts next year. That seems to be a key to our decent Ds under Wally B.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Irving at DT and Coe, those were playmakers. The closest thing we had. Especially Coe.

My hope he we have a much more disciplined defense and the sum is greater the whole of the parts next year. That seems to be a key to our decent Ds under Wally B.
I disagree that they were really playmakers. They had 2 sacks between the two of them.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
How many players have we kept with legal issues? You can act holier than art thou, but it's apparent our program will give second or third chances. I'll give second chances if it means more wins.

honor before victory as nice as it'd be, is just a sentimental plack at JTS.

There's a difference between getting another chance while still one the team. I'm talking about Coe and Irving, they have been booted off the team. These guys don't deserve any more chances.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I disagree that they were really playmakers. They had 2 sacks between the two of them.

Irving I'll give you, but Coe came on very strong at the end of the year.

I believe Trey Scott listed Coe as a top 5 player on our entire team. In the Big 12 teams get the ball out fast and that limits sacks, but that doesn't mean there wasn't disruption.

Plus, we were 3-9. It's hard to rack up and stats on such a bad defense even if you're the best/most talented player on that defense.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
You're right. We should just let criminals back on the team. Players in the future will know they can do whatever they want because there won't be any repercussions. How brilliant. It's not like our DL wasn't going to be garbage with them anyways.

My boss just got fired. He's an industry-known expert in gas trading and it will be a huge blow to my company. But he's gone and the company will continue to exist and even thrive now that he's gone. It will take some time to build that expertise back up, but we'll be a much stronger department because of it.

But we should totality let criminals and cancers play on the team even if the team doesn't want them on the team because we may win another game or 2 - or have lots of players completely lose faith in team leadership and start to phone it in. Because that's whats important.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
My boss just got fired. He's an industry-known expert in gas trading and it will be a huge blow to my company. But he's gone and the company will continue to exist and even thrive now that he's gone. It will take some time to build that expertise back up, but we'll be a much stronger department because of it.

But we should totality let criminals and cancers play on the team even if the team doesn't want them on the team because we may win another game or 2 - or have lots of players completely lose faith in team leadership and start to phone it in. Because that's whats important.

Agree - in the long run we are better of without them. And I question those that say we may win 1 or 2 more games with them. I think they impact the team more negatively than they are a benefit to it.

GWad

Aug 22, 2013

So what's your point?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

lolol.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron