David Irving

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Link to him not working hard during drills/practice? Also not every player needs to be looked at as a leader. Not trying to defend him but everything I've been told was the other players liked him.

Then why did the players leadership group vote no on allowing him back?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
What makes you leap to the conclusion that the guys playing next year will be complete liabilities? Good grief. Brandon Jensen was a starter last year for goodness sakes and returns. Cousin had improved to the point of being in the rotation for the last 6 games of the season. He was a RS Freshman last year. I expect him to be greatly improved. And our other players were young as well. We really have no idea how good or bad they might be. So why not let them play before we rush to the judgement that they totally suck. Let's see how it plays out.

I don't think they will totally suck. I think they will be liabilities. I don't expect Iowa State to hold any team worth a crap to less than 5 YPC. They weren't good enough to beat Irving or Coe last year so I don't expect them to be significantly better than they were last year. Jensen was a starter last year and the team was routinely detesticled early in the season in the running game.

I think my expectations are right in line with where they should be, in that this line will be pretty dang bad next year.

I'm perfectly willing to see how it plays out, I'll be in the stands next year. I just think it's incredibly naive to think losing Coe and Irving is anything but extremely bad news.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Yep. Multiple players vouched for him to get another shot as a walkon on the team, and Coe wouldn't do it.

Then why did the players leadership group vote no on him coming back? Why did it **** off numerous players that he was on the sidelines in street clothes during the spring game?

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Then why did the players leadership group vote no on him coming back? Why did it **** off numerous players that he was on the sidelines in street clothes during the spring game?

I don't know anything about the leadership group voting no. From what I heard he got a meeting sometime recently with Rhoads by having other players on the team vouching for him and then refused a walk on spot, which ****** those players off. It's been like 3 months since the spring game.

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
I talked to a guy whose friend played with coe at IWCC and he said that he thought coe would do something stupid and get kicked before even playing at ISU.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't think they will totally suck. I think they will be liabilities. I don't expect Iowa State to hold any team worth a crap to less than 5 YPC. They weren't good enough to beat Irving or Coe last year so I don't expect them to be significantly better than they were last year. Jensen was a starter last year and the team was routinely detesticled early in the season in the running game.

I think my expectations are right in line with where they should be, in that this line will be pretty dang bad next year.

I'm perfectly willing to see how it plays out, I'll be in the stands next year. I just think it's incredibly naive to think losing Coe and Irving is anything but extremely bad news.

I have never said the line will be good this year. In fact, I expect them to be pretty bad.

But last year they were horrid. I think this year they will still be pretty bad, but hopefully not as bad as last year.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I have never said the line will be good this year. In fact, I expect them to be pretty bad.

But last year they were horrid. I think this year they will still be pretty bad, but hopefully not as bad as last year.

That's certainly possible and fair.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Yep. Multiple players vouched for him to get another shot as a walkon on the team, and Coe wouldn't do it.

IF true, what's that say about his heart? I wouldn't want him lining up by me with that kind of prima donna attitude. For God's sakes, he is some idiot if he passed up that chance. Seriously.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Link to him not working hard during drills/practice? Also not every player needs to be looked at as a leader. Not trying to defend him but everything I've been told was the other players liked him.

From CPR's mouth;

“There are expectations and rules and policies within this program that are going to be followed by one and all and he just slipped up one too many times with those expectations and that was the result,” Rhoads said after Monday’s spring session."

Word around the program is that he was skipping workouts, not giving it all in practice and still playing. See Brandon Jensen return to the program after Coe kicked off the team.

And "Like" and "Respect" are two entirely different things in life, and in football.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Irving played a part (along with many other people) in stopping one of ISU's best traditions. I think he has already left a lasting legacy and don't ever want him back on the team.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I've heard from multiple good sources that I know that both Irving and Coe and transferring to Stanford in the fall to pursue Master's degrees in Marine Biology.

It's true, some guy said it.