David Irving

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
I'm surprised to hear that he's still in Ames. You'd think he would have moved back to Calofornia.

With that said, any news on if CPR is working behind the scenes to get Coe or Irving back? Maybe off scholarship?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm surprised to hear that he's still in Ames. You'd think he would have moved back to Calofornia.

With that said, any news on if CPR is working behind the scenes to get Coe or Irving back? Maybe off scholarship?
I hope not.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

Nope they are both gone. Coe had an chance as a walk on but refused.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
There were meetings involving Coe working his way back onto to the team, including one between the newly former players/leaders circle, but they did not want him back to of which CPR listened to their wish and Coe won't be back.

Irving has even less of a chance than Coe's .00000000001% chance.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Nope they are both gone. Coe had an chance as a walk on but refused.

I don't know that Coe is absolutely 100% gone. Yeah, he didn't want to walk on, but he's going to find out (or he's already found out) that his options are limited. If he wants to play right away at the highest level, his only choice is ISU. Similar to Moore. He'd have to pay his own way for one semester...that's not so bad. If I were him, I'd consider it an investment in an NFL career. Rebuild his reputation, make some plays on the field and roll the dice on getting into an NFL camp. Obviously, CPR is fine with taking the APR hit.

Of course, like others said, maybe the players voted it down. That wouldn't be surprising as we've seen rumors that guys like Coe and Irving were one of the reasons why Jensen and Kron quit.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
I'm more puzzled why they haven't shown up at an FCS school. They can transfer down to that level and play right away, right? The NFL leaves no stone unturned in the evaluation of talent. Its a way to keep their dreams alive, and hopefully stay out of trouble.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I hope you keep this stance when ISU's DL is getting hammered for 5 YPC next season.
Sorry, gotta keep the foot on the ground. Rhoads doesn't need to be known as a sissy that just lets guys back on the team for committing crimes/breaking student code of conduct multiple time. Players need to be held accountable. Shouldn't matter what our DL is going to look like.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm more puzzled why they haven't shown up at an FCS school. They can transfer down to that level and play right away, right? The NFL leaves no stone unturned in the evaluation of talent. Its a way to keep their dreams alive, and hopefully stay out of trouble.
Neither will ever come withing spitting distance of the NFL.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Sorry, gotta keep the foot on the ground. Rhoads doesn't need to be known as a sissy that just lets guys back on the team for committing crimes/breaking student code of conduct multiple time. Players need to be held accountable. Shouldn't matter what our DL is going to look like.

I'm sure that's exactly what you'll be saying come Saturday's this fall. It's easy to take a stand for morality in the offseason.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm sure that's exactly what you'll be saying come Saturday's this fall. It's easy to take a stand for morality in the offseason.
You're right. We should just let criminals back on the team. Players in the future will know they can do whatever they want because there won't be any repercussions. How brilliant. It's not like our DL wasn't going to be garbage with them anyways.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
You're right. We should just let criminals back on the team. Players in the future will know they can do whatever they want because there won't be any repercussions. How brilliant. It's not like our DL wasn't going to be garbage with them anyways.

As long as they can win some football games, I'm all for it.

Let's not try to act like anything beyond wins and losses truly matters to fans. We can sit here and anonymously lie back and forth at each other about how much we care about the character of the players, but I'd prefer to not waste the time.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
With or without Irving and Coe, our secondary and Luke Knott are going to end up doing a bulk of the tackling anyways.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
As long as they can win some football games, I'm all for it.

Let's not try to act like anything beyond wins and losses truly matters to fans. We can sit here and anonymously lie back and forth at each other about how much we care about the character of the players, but I'd prefer to not waste the time.
Yea, I don't think we were going to win anymore games with them. Maybe 1 more. Who cares if we could have been 4-8 as opposed to 3-9. Big whoopie.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
With or without Irving and Coe, our secondary and Luke Knott are going to end up doing a bulk of the tackling anyways.

True, that's usually how football works. Very rarely does a DL lead the team in tackles.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Yea, I don't think we were going to win anymore games with them. Maybe 1 more. Who cares if we could have been 4-8 as opposed to 3-9. Big whoopie.

There would be one Saturday in which I'd care and that's enough for me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron