My golf game sucks!

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I am not sure what happened in the last year and a half but my golf game has gone from respectable to total garbage. I am so ****** right now I can't even hit the ball and friends and beer don't help. I have to play in a tourney this weekend that I won a couple years back and right now my game looks like I just started playing. Embarrassing. I used to play this game as much as I could and right now I can't get away from it. I feel like tin cup when he goes to the practice range at the us open. Any suggestions?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Pretend to pull a hammy and withdraw from the tourney. Pull a tiger.

WhatMeWorry

Feb 4, 2010
Urbandale
Golftec swing evaluation. They will get you back on track in that one session minding you practice it a few time too. Especially if you were decent prior.

ForeClones

Mar 12, 2012
Johnston, IA
I recommend drinking a lot of beer and watching Dead Solid Perfect on Friday night. Always clears my head and helps me get back on track. (If you cant find Dead Solid Perfect, Caddyshack will do...) Good luck!

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Bang your psychiatrist and win that ******* tourney with nothing but your seven iron. Greatness courts failure. When you come upon a defining moment, you define the moment or the moment defines you.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I am not sure what happened in the last year and a half but my golf game has gone from respectable to total garbage. I am so ****** right now I can't even hit the ball and friends and beer don't help. I have to play in a tourney this weekend that I won a couple years back and right now my game looks like I just started playing. Embarrassing. I used to play this game as much as I could and right now I can't get away from it. I feel like tin cup when he goes to the practice range at the us open. Any suggestions?

Relax and have fun. I have been golfing for 35 years. The past 10 I quit taking it so serious. It is a day/evening away from everything that really matters. If I was passionate I could shoot under 80 regularly (like I used to golfing 54 holes a week) , I am not anymore therefore I shoot 90 to 100 sometime higher. 20140619_165222_resized.jpg I don't really give a crap about my score. I used to but now golf is fun. That was my 148 yd. par 3 shot 3 weeks ago. That type of chip, drive or putt 5-9 times a round is enough for me anymore.

Last edited:

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The concept of hitting a ball that isn't moving seems so easy yet I can't figure it out

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Relax and have fun. I have been golfing for 35 years. The past 10 I quit taking it so serious. It is a day/evening away from everything that really matters. If I was passionate I could shoot under 80 regularly (like I used to golfing 54 holes a week) , I am not anymore therefore I shoot 90 to 100 sometime higher. View attachment 27406 I don't really give a crap about my score. I used to but now golf is fun. That was my 148 yd. par 3 shot 3 weeks ago. That type of chip, drive or putt 5-9 times a round is enough for me anymore.

I agree with this. Just step up and hit the ball (and don't try to kill it). Also, when I'm having issues, I revert to my best clubs. I'll hit a five iron off the tee if I need to. Gets me back in rhythm.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Agree with just step up and hit it. I'd focus on slowing down your backswing too... Lots of times you can be inconsistent if you get going too quickly. It's all about tempo.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I agree with this. Just step up and hit the ball (and don't try to kill it). Also, when I'm having issues, I revert to my best clubs. I'll hit a five iron off the tee if I need to. Gets me back in rhythm.

I tried the "best club" thing this afternoon. Even my 5 wood, that usually shows me the love, spit in my face. It was a LONG 18 holes.

:sad:

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
The concept of hitting a ball that isn't moving seems so easy yet I can't figure it out

Give me a batting cage with a machine throwing an 80 mph fast ball and i will hit it up the middle with ease. Set a damn golf ball on the tee and i cant hit it in the air, straight, or where i want it to go period.

JT88

Oct 7, 2009
Treat your game like Mark Grace did. You need a slump buster. go to a small town bar and pick up a nasty looking, tooth missing good time and play the back 9 on her course. What do you have to lose??

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Treat your game like Mark Grace did. You need a slump buster. go to a small town bar and pick up a nasty looking, tooth missing good time and play the back 9 on her course. What do you have to lose??

Front Row in Windsor Heights would be a target rich environment.