What are movies you hate that everyone else loves

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'll admit I really enjoy LOTR, but had to like this post.

*Edit - Will also add my submission with The Boondock Saints. That movie sucked.

An employee of mine traded favorite movies to watch that the other had never seen before. Hers for me to watch was Boondock Saints. Oh my God was it awful. Almost unbearable to watch. Dafoe's character started out promising but then quickly deteriorated to garbage.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Pretty Women - Julie Roberts -great smile. overrated actress and movie

Anything with Ashton Kutcher, Pauly Shore

The thread is about movies everybody loves but you. I don't know anybody that likes movies starring either of those two you mentioned.

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
Iron Man 3 was garbage, loved the first two.

I love the Iron Man series and the Sherlock Holmes series...both with Robert Downey jr

For the life of me, he loves female sidekicks who are HORRIBLE

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Gwineth Paltrow is incredibly mediocre--and zero chemistry with Downey jr. She's terrible[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Rachel McAdams with her fake British accent in Sherlock Holmes is equally disturbing and terrible.

I can think of 20 actresses who could fill in much better for both franchises
[/FONT]

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Lord of the Rings. F***ing elves and crap running around in tights going on 'quests.' :twitcy:

I think the Eye of Sauron just fixed itself on you right now for saying that! In all seriousness, quite a polarizing movie. People either think it is the most boring thing in the world or the most amazing piece of movie making. For my part, I'll take 9 hours out of my day anytime to watch these if they're on. I actually own the extended versions, which makes each movie almost 4 hours long! :spinny:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I liked Lebowski quite a lot, but not to cult-status degree. Liked American Beauty and Napoleon Dynamite for different reasons but I don't have a major urge to see either one a second time.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I'll catch hell for this one, but I can't stand Pulp Fiction. I have never been able to understand the necessity of showing it out of chronological order. It's like they shot it out of sequence, meaning to edit it later, then ran out of money for an editor. And that whole John Travolta, Uma Thurman dance scene was just irritating and gets more irritating every time some other characters in other moves imitate it.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Frozen.

This movie is terrible, and I don't mind the Disney/Pixar/whatever stuff. Frozen's plot is weak, to put it lightly, to the point of sucking, the characters suck and the "conflict" sucks. To top it off, I now have a 5 year old daughter who won't stop singing the damn songs.

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
I doubt anyone's going to take my side on this one, but I didn't care for James Cameron's 'Avatar'.

I hate that I'm going to deal with three more ultra-hyped sequels to it too. I think people got too tied up in the production quality to realize how utterly mediocre and preachy it really is.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I doubt anyone's going to take my side on this one, but I didn't care for James Cameron's 'Avatar'.

I hate that I'm going to deal with three more ultra-hyped sequels to it too. I think people got too tied up in the production quality to realize how utterly mediocre and preachy it really is.

I agree with you. I thought the beginning was good, but the further and further into the movie I got, the more irritated I became. Not necessarily at the message, but how over the top, blatant the message was being portrayed.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I honestly can't think of any of his movies that I like.

And yes, I'm aware he did Terminator 2 (though it's soundtrack was awesome).

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

I agree, I think it is very overrated. I think it was the first movie to REALLY utilize the newer 3D technology and that might be what ended up making it a bigger deal than it was. Now that the 3D novelty is wearing off in the movie market, I wonder how the sequel will do...

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
The English Patient and The Legends of the Fall. I like to call these kinds of movies "rompers" (as in romance/period pieces) and I absolutely can't stand them!

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA

Had to think of what you meant by "Avatar" for a while. Then realized you must be talking about "Dancing With Wolves In Space - 3D".