Dreams

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm going through one of my stretches where I remember my dreams every night. I'm almost always being chased or missing a final exam.

Last night was really odd. I was helping a woman escape her pursuers. The weirdest thing was that the dream played out like a movie. There were different angles, an occassional close-up, just about everything except credits and a score.

Normally, I usually remember my dreams like I'm watching them from a stationary camera. This was like Scorsese took over.

I'm foregoing therapy for CF.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
It took around 5 years after graduation for me to stop having the 'late for final' and 'going to class with no pants' dreams/nightmares. Now it's pretty much the same except work instead of school. And I can go to work with no pants because I work in my basement:)

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I've been out of school over 30 years and still get a dream where I'm in the dorms but have bought no books and have no idea what my class schedule is.

Firefighter4Cy

Oct 23, 2012
Ankeny
http://www.myislamicdream.com/saving_woman_life.html

Woman Dream Explanation — (Beads; Garden; Glass; Pearls; Ribs; Silver; World) A beautiful looking woman in a dream represents a year of comfort, peace and prosperity. A woman in a dream also represents a coffer, one's store, or his hiding place. A woman in a dream also represents the earth, the world or a graveyard, for one returns to it after that he comes out of it. A woman in a dream also represents a prison, a confidant, a tree, a well, an inkwell, a house, or a partner who shares wealth and pleasure with the husband. Seeing a beautiful woman entering one's house in a dream means joy and happiness, money that will not last, or the reversal of one's condition from harsh to amiable. A fat woman in a dream represents a prosperous year. Seeing an unknown woman in a dream has better connotations than seeing a woman one knows. A young woman in a dream represents an enemy. An old woman in a dream represents the world. If one sees his wife looking like a man in a dream, she then represents his grandfather, or she could represent prosperity for that family. If one sees his wife carrying him in a dream, it means that he may fall sick, or perhaps that he may become rich. Seeing a female of unknown species in a dream means loss of money. If one sees his wife getting married to someone else in a dream, it means that he may deviate from Allah's path, then repent for his sin. A woman in a dream also represents wealth, the world, a farm, pleasures or authority, for a wife governs the needs of her husband and controls his life in one way or another. If a woman sees her crown stolen in a dream, it means the death of her husband. If a woman sees her head shaved in a dream, it means divorce, or it could mean the death of her husband. (Also see Belt; Crown; Glass bottle; Glass; Gray hair; Ribs; Silver; Vat; Women)

Young woman Dream Explanation — (Teenage girl) A young girl in a dream represents an enemy however she may look. Seeing a well dressed and pleasingly adorned young woman in a dream means hearing pleasing news coming from an unexpected person. Seeing a young and a beautiful looking female servant in a dream means blessings, a favor, joy and festivities. In a dream, seeing an unknown young girl is more advantageous than seeing a known one. The strongest in meaning are those teenage girls who are presentable, well mannered and beautifully dressed. If she is seen dressed with modesty in the dream, then she represents goodness, chastity, discreteness, and following the correct religious conduct. If she adorns herself and plays up her charms in the dream, then such goodness will be public. If a young girl sees herself as an old woman in a dream, it means that she will live with modesty and preserve her chastity. If an old woman sees herself turned young again in the dream, it means regaining her strength, sexual desire and fertility. If she engages in lawful sexual intercourse in marriage, it denotes strong religious adherence. If she engages in sexual intercourse with someone without marriage in the dream, then her dream represents her love for the world and attachment to its glitters. If one sees an old woman turned young in a dream, then the above explanation becomes stronger. However, if one is poor, it means that her basic needs will be secured. If one has lost her chances in this world, it means that she will have a new opportunity, or if she is sick, it means that she will recover from her illness. Seeing a young girl frowning in a dream means that one may hear disturbing news. If she looks emaciated, then one's dream denotes poverty. If she is naked in the dream, it means business losses and defamation. Marrying a virgin teenage girl in a dream means wealth. (Also see Little girl)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I quit having the late for final nightmare finally when I started worrying about my kids being late for finals.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I've been out of school over 30 years and still get a dream where I'm in the dorms but have bought no books and have no idea what my class schedule is.

It's strange that so many people have the same dream. I'm pushing 40 and still have that dream, too.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I dreamed last night that my daughter and I were being chased so I picked her up and spiderman'd up to the top of a building to get away.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
http://www.myislamicdream.com/saving_woman_life.html

Woman Dream Explanation — (Beads; Garden; Glass; Pearls; Ribs; Silver; World) A beautiful looking woman in a dream represents a year of comfort, peace and prosperity. A woman in a dream also represents a coffer, one's store, or his hiding place. A woman in a dream also represents the earth, the world or a graveyard, for one returns to it after that he comes out of it. A woman in a dream also represents a prison, a confidant, a tree, a well, an inkwell, a house, or a partner who shares wealth and pleasure with the husband. Seeing a beautiful woman entering one's house in a dream means joy and happiness, money that will not last, or the reversal of one's condition from harsh to amiable. A fat woman in a dream represents a prosperous year. Seeing an unknown woman in a dream has better connotations than seeing a woman one knows. A young woman in a dream represents an enemy. An old woman in a dream represents the world. If one sees his wife looking like a man in a dream, she then represents his grandfather, or she could represent prosperity for that family. If one sees his wife carrying him in a dream, it means that he may fall sick, or perhaps that he may become rich. Seeing a female of unknown species in a dream means loss of money. If one sees his wife getting married to someone else in a dream, it means that he may deviate from Allah's path, then repent for his sin. A woman in a dream also represents wealth, the world, a farm, pleasures or authority, for a wife governs the needs of her husband and controls his life in one way or another. If a woman sees her crown stolen in a dream, it means the death of her husband. If a woman sees her head shaved in a dream, it means divorce, or it could mean the death of her husband. (Also see Belt; Crown; Glass bottle; Glass; Gray hair; Ribs; Silver; Vat; Women)

Young woman Dream Explanation — (Teenage girl) A young girl in a dream represents an enemy however she may look. Seeing a well dressed and pleasingly adorned young woman in a dream means hearing pleasing news coming from an unexpected person. Seeing a young and a beautiful looking female servant in a dream means blessings, a favor, joy and festivities. In a dream, seeing an unknown young girl is more advantageous than seeing a known one. The strongest in meaning are those teenage girls who are presentable, well mannered and beautifully dressed. If she is seen dressed with modesty in the dream, then she represents goodness, chastity, discreteness, and following the correct religious conduct. If she adorns herself and plays up her charms in the dream, then such goodness will be public. If a young girl sees herself as an old woman in a dream, it means that she will live with modesty and preserve her chastity. If an old woman sees herself turned young again in the dream, it means regaining her strength, sexual desire and fertility. If she engages in lawful sexual intercourse in marriage, it denotes strong religious adherence. If she engages in sexual intercourse with someone without marriage in the dream, then her dream represents her love for the world and attachment to its glitters. If one sees an old woman turned young in a dream, then the above explanation becomes stronger. However, if one is poor, it means that her basic needs will be secured. If one has lost her chances in this world, it means that she will have a new opportunity, or if she is sick, it means that she will recover from her illness. Seeing a young girl frowning in a dream means that one may hear disturbing news. If she looks emaciated, then one's dream denotes poverty. If she is naked in the dream, it means business losses and defamation. Marrying a virgin teenage girl in a dream means wealth. (Also see Little girl)

I was really hoping you were going to say it was a premonition. She was hot and I was pretty bad-***** in the dream.

DIRustCohle

Apr 15, 2014
Ville Platte
I graduated from ISU 20 years ago and still have dreams about school. Not about a missed final, but about 1 class that I know I have been missing, and I have no idea where it is, what time it is, or anything about it.

The crumbled, falling out teeth one is common also I hear. I have had that in the past, but not in the past few years.

I have been having a string of strange ones the last two weeks, was just telling someone about them. They are pretty violent, graphic, disturbing dreams, the kind that you would normally wake up to. But in my dream, I'm like meh, whatever. When I do wake up from them in the morning, I feel guilty for not being more upset or disturbed by them, than I am.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I'm going through one of my stretches where I remember my dreams every night. I'm almost always being chased or missing a final exam.

Last night was really odd. I was helping a woman escape her pursuers. The weirdest thing was that the dream played out like a movie. There were different angles, an occassional close-up, just about everything except credits and a score.

Normally, I usually remember my dreams like I'm watching them from a stationary camera. This was like Scorsese took over.

I'm foregoing therapy for CF.
So subconciously, you want to be a director?

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
The dreams I have most often are needing to scream but nothing more than a whisper comes out, or needing to run and no matter how hard I try, its like i'm running in water

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I graduated from ISU 20 years ago and still have dreams about school. Not about a missed final, but about 1 class that I know I have been missing, and I have no idea where it is, what time it is, or anything about it.

The crumbled, falling out teeth one is common also I hear. I have had that in the past, but not in the past few years.

I have been having a string of strange ones the last two weeks, was just telling someone about them. They are pretty violent, graphic, disturbing dreams, the kind that you would normally wake up to. But in my dream, I'm like meh, whatever. When I do wake up from them in the morning, I feel guilty for not being more upset or disturbed by them, than I am.

Back_away_slowly.gif

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It's strange that so many people have the same dream. I'm pushing 40 and still have that dream, too.
I also have had the class schedule dreams like so many. I keep dreaming I have forgotten about a class since the first week and now must make up the work. Lucky smartphones can now quickly reassure you.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I also have had the class schedule dreams like so many. I keep dreaming I have forgotten about a class since the first week and now must make up the work. Lucky smartphones can now quickly reassure you.

I would have thought illogical code would have been your nightmare.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
When I was little I once had a dream that dogs were motorcycles. Ears were the bars, tails were the antennas, etc.