Next Big Facility Upgrade

St8Fan

Oct 30, 2006
West Des Moines
Dead set opposed to this.

You don't mess with perfection.

Nope, but if you stand still it will crumble around you. Hilton is great...you can keep it that way and expand the revenue generation without pricing the seats out of the average fans wallet. Phog (which you mention in later posts) has the luxury of requiring a huge donation to get tickets. If we had that situation, we could keep it the way it is indefinitely, but we don't. Demand and ticket prices will rise, but there's no way to equate what suites would deliver.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Nope, but if you stand still it will crumble around you. Hilton is great...you can keep it that way and expand the revenue generation without pricing the seats out of the average fans wallet. Phog (which you mention in later posts) has the luxury of requiring a huge donation to get tickets. If we had that situation, we could keep it the way it is indefinitely, but we don't. Demand and ticket prices will rise, but there's no way to equate what suites would deliver.

The Phog also has a renovated and expanded concourse...

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Giant statue on Central Campus of Fred Hoiberg. And when I say giant, I mean larger than the Campanile.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
How about a giant tunnel for people to walk out to their car south of Hilton so people don't compete with traffic.
Heck...throw an Airport walkway in there for a speedy trip to your car. Heated and then you wouldn't have 3,000 people standing around the concourse at the end of the game.

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
Now that the South Endzone plans are set in stone; what is the next big facility upgrade at Iowa State?

Ideas (in no particular order, and not limited to):
1) Hilton Renovation
2) New Suite/Press Tower from endzone to endzone
3) North Endzone
4) Smaller gym for Wrestling/Volleyball/Hockey/Gymnastics

For sure # 1 . When you have someone like Fred, you take care of him.:yes:

whatparking

Apr 25, 2014
How about a giant tunnel for people to walk out to their car south of Hilton so people don't compete with traffic.
Heck...throw an Airport walkway in there for a speedy trip to your car. Heated and then you wouldn't have 3,000 people standing around the concourse at the end of the game.

I vote for the tunnel. Too many people walk on the road between shemann (sp) and Hilton after games.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Giant statue on Central Campus of Fred Hoiberg. And when I say giant, I mean larger than the Campanile.

I'm thinking something like this...

remember_me.gif

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
I say scrap all athletics but mens basketball and football. Honestly the rest of the crap is a complete waste of money. Let's focus all the capital on things that people actually show up to see. I know this isn't realistic in today's age where we have to make everyone feel special and important.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I say scrap all athletics but mens basketball and football. Honestly the rest of the crap is a complete waste of money. Let's focus all the capital on things that people actually show up to see. I know this isn't realistic in today's age where we have to make everyone feel special and important.

dumb.