ISU vs. UNC - Opens as Pick'em

blizzisu

Nov 4, 2009
Polk City, IA
It looks like ISU vs. UNC has opened as a pick'em. I hate to even say this, but I wonder what the line would have been if Georges was in action?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
It looks like ISU vs. UNC has opened as a pick'em. I hate to even say this, but I wonder what the line would have been if Georges was in action?

I would guess ISU -4 if Georges was playing. I think a pick'em is a testament to Fred's coaching ability.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Carolina doesn't have a ton of size, either so ISU still has a good shot at them.

Sorry, but in our world 6'9 is size. And Ejim will getting mugged down low by three of 'em at a time.

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
We got to hit shots. Simple as that. Kane needs to take on the role of driving and dishing to Hogue & Ejim. Monte needs to play like he did yesterday, and Naz needs to hit some threes. Thomas, Edozie, Gibson, SDW, need to contribute in a positive way. Defense is what worries me the most, but I was worried about that with Georges out there. Expect a layup fest for UNC. Expect Ejim/Kane to take on Niang's role of inside out type mismatch player. Both of them can hit the outside shot.

This team is capable of a couple more wins in this tourney. And if MSU or Nova gets knocked out, who knows how far we can go.

Last edited:

clonefan1

Aug 7, 2006
I just hope Kane doesn't try to do to much & force some things. I hope he continues to play his game like an animal!!

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Huh ? Did you just say this? UNC has more size and athletic bigs than any team left in tourney maybe.

no, they don't. they may be bigger than ISU but to say they're the biggest team in tourney is completely moronic

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
Nate Silver and Co. give us a 56% chance of winning, updated this morning at 1:22 am. They say their model accounts for injuries, so I would assume Niang is factored in.

Also, if anyone is in Vegas and can get a bet on Tennessee to make the final four / win the championship, they have extremely good odds based on what I assume the lines are for the Vols.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/march-madness-predictions/

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Wait, I thought someone on this message board said we had no chance at beating North Carolina without Niang. :wink:

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
I heard they have 3 guys over 6'9" that start or get a lot of minutes. Is that true or not?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Agreed - from what little I have seen of NC, Paige seems to be the engine. If he's off, our chances are very good.
He hit some clutch threes at the end of the game last night to keep them in it. Can't help off of him. I thought Monte played pretty good defense yesterday, it will be interesting to see who gets the Paige assignment. Monte would be at a size disadvantage on any of their other starters, not that Roy would know how to take advantage of it.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Honestly, we have played without Niang before. There have been games where he was fouled out fast the first half, and fouled out fast the second. We should be able to hold on. What I'm worried about most is clutch, because Niang has always been the clutch player, but if 3sus saves us than we win.
North Carolina must be destroyed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron