Who replaces Vaughn as our top recruits now?

Cydog04

Jan 18, 2011
Now that Vaughn is no longer in the picture who are we targeting now if anyone? Will we sign another freshman, go after a transfer/JUCO, or save the scholarship for next year?

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
There are two scholarships open. I imagine both will be spoken for before next year since there will be 3 open for 2015. And this is assuming no transfers.

CornFedIABoy

Jan 8, 2014
There are plenty of scholarships turning over after the 14-15 season to not need to "save one for next year". I'm fairly certain there's at least a Hogue-like JUCO player out there that we've noticed while looking at someone else to fill the seat if nothing else.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm thinking Fred needs to start checking out the CF Pick-Up players. If Fred wants a 5 star just to have a 5 star, he could probably get Chewblocka. Problem is he has a kid so I'm not sure if he would put the program first. If he wants an SG or SF, CMJH and Fitzy are probably the best ways to go for overall talent, but if he wants a lockdown defender like Babb, he's probably going to sign Vikes. I just don't know.

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
I would imagine Malou gets a good push. I also am guessing their recruitment of Vaughn is far from over. Not to say anything will come of it, but I doubt CFH just forgets about him now, unless RV tells him he's closed up his recruitment.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
for class balance, I'd expect one 4 year player (Clark) and one transfer/JUCO. As usual, it'd be nice to get a post in there for 5 more fouls, if nothing else.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I haven't played bball since 8th grade but I can assure cyclone nation I have the heart and passion to take this program to the next level. Plus I have 5 years of eligibility and I promise not to leave early for the league.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I haven't played bball since 8th grade but I can assure cyclone nation I have the heart and passion to take this program to the next level. Plus I have 5 years of eligibility and I promise not to leave early for the league.
Can you shoot a three?

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I'd be willing to bet the focus is on Clark and a transfer. I think we have Kentucky/KU/UNC esque clout when it comes to bring transfers in now. The best ones that come out after the season will be interested in us.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't see the need for a 5th year player next year. If a guy who fits what we are trying to do is available and he'll make the team better, take him of course. But there isn't a need.

There is plenty of leadership available. Niang is the vocal leader and Morris is a quieter leader.

Our biggest need, in my opinion, is getting McKay eligible first semester!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Maybe OP could just look at the recruiting thread that already exists.

This is something I will never understand about this site. Why in the hell would you care if someone starts a relevant, topical thread, rather than sifting through the hundreds of that recruiting thread. I, for one, appreciate having someone who follows this stuff sythensize all of that information down and tell me who we are still recruiting.

As with all things on this site...just go ahead and don't read this thread if you don't like it.