Who replaces Vaughn as our top recruits now?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I'm thinking Fred needs to start checking out the CF Pick-Up players. If Fred wants a 5 star just to have a 5 star, he could probably get Chewblocka. Problem is he has a kid so I'm not sure if he would put the program first. If he wants an SG or SF, CMJH and Fitzy are probably the best ways to go for overall talent, but if he wants a lockdown defender like Babb, he's probably going to sign Vikes. I just don't know.

Or if he wants a do everything type player, Matt is the obvious choice.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
This is something I will never understand about this site. Why in the hell would you care if someone starts a relevant, topical thread, rather than sifting through the hundreds of that recruiting thread. I, for one, appreciate having someone who follows this stuff sythensize all of that information down and tell me who we are still recruiting.

As with all things on this site...just go ahead and don't read this thread if you don't like it.

It's the internet, didn't you know, Al Gore started it so that if you aren't starting a thread to complain about something, that you have to post, complaining about a thread that was already started. It's the internet, serious business!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I dropped 22 points in a B league Parks and Rec game last weekend. Would have gone for 30 if I wasn't preoccupied in the second half by wondering what a heart attack feels like.

I've got a little late-in-his-career "Sleepy" Sam Perkins to my game, aka barely make it up the floor and hoist 30 footers. I'll be waiting by my phone, Coach.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Clark spent Monday night in Manhattan, Kansas. He was seated just a few rows behind the KSU bench. When the Cats pulled it out in OT, he rushed the court with the rest of the students.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Clark spent Monday night in Manhattan, Kansas. He was seated just a few rows behind the KSU bench. When the Cats pulled it out in OT, he rushed the court with the rest of the students.

Going to be awkward when he contributes for ISU in a win on that court next year then......

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

It's kind of a rush or be trampled and die in that position isn't it?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't see the need for a 5th year player next year. If a guy who fits what we are trying to do is available and he'll make the team better, take him of course. But there isn't a need.

There is plenty of leadership available. Niang is the vocal leader and Morris is a quieter leader.

Our biggest need, in my opinion, is getting McKay eligible first semester!

Naz Long talks more than almost every other player, even when he's not on the court. He's the vocal guy on this squad, right now. His leadership is severely under rated.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Naz Long talks more than almost every other player, even when he's not on the court. He's the vocal guy on this squad, right now. His leadership is severely under rated.

I noticed he and Kane spend a lot of time talking between plays when he's on the court.

terryk

Apr 13, 2006
Grimes
This is something I will never understand about this site. Why in the hell would you care if someone starts a relevant, topical thread, rather than sifting through the hundreds of that recruiting thread. I, for one, appreciate having someone who follows this stuff sythensize all of that information down and tell me who we are still recruiting.

As with all things on this site...just go ahead and don't read this thread if you don't like it.

same crap happens on CR

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

Great post. Naz is a natural leader

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I gotta think Clark is a big target. Underrated SF/PF type player. Shown a lot of love on Twitter in the last 24 hours. Said his decision timeline is set for late March.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX

JFC...I got no patience for this game this week. Just gtfo or go tattle to someone that can do something about it. FFS.

I've never met Gunner or Clonefan, but I am positive that when I do it's going to be one of those "I feel like I've known you forever" kind of moments.