BLUM: One door closes, another opens (Rashad Vaughn reaction)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Only one thing left to do now.... win the whole f****n thing and shove that in RV's face.

Goldfinger

Nov 5, 2009
I agree Blum, we should quit wasting time recruiting top50 players we have no shot at, spend time recruiting jucos and hope an impact transfer comes our way every year, its the only thing we're good at

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
This has been a rough last 24 hours or so for ISU. Get curb stomped at WVU, lose another assistant football coach, and now lose out on our top recruit to UNLV? It's like the sports gods saved it for all at once to make an extra large kick to the stones.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I agree Blum, we should quit wasting time recruiting top50 players we have no shot at, spend time recruiting jucos and hope an impact transfer comes our way every year, its the only thing we're good at

You do realize that we have recruited Georges, Matt, and Monte, right? Probably not going to get in on the next Vaughn, but we'll have a good mix of quality high school kids and quality juco and traditional transfers.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I just wish we would not get the door that was closing slamming on our foot first. :)

Goldfinger

Nov 5, 2009
You do realize that we have recruited Georges, Matt, and Monte, right? Probably not going to get in on the next Vaughn, but we'll have a good mix of quality high school kids and quality juco and traditional transfers.

You do realize they are not top50 McDonald's AA types like my post referenced? Yes I' glad to have Matt, Monte and Georges, they will be great clones, but until we can recruit like Kansas and land an NBA talent once in awhile, we won't beat kansas.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
This has been a rough last 24 hours or so for ISU. Get curb stomped at WVU, lose another assistant football coach, and now lose out on our top recruit to UNLV? It's like the sports gods saved it for all at once to make an extra large kick to the stones.

The funny part is, my reactions to those are: 1) Dammit...well let's get the next one, 2) Hey, had what seem to be pretty good coaching hires recently, 3) Well, we've found players pretty well the last few years.

Not that I'm not upset about each of those, but there's an underlying confidence in our programs (OK, maybe we'll call FB optimistically hopeful) where this stuff doesn't give me the gloom and doom it would have during D-Mac and G-Mac. I know others are finding for the pot of crap at the wrong end of the rainbow right now, but I am not.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

I would just take another Indian hills player please
On this note, Roosevelt Scott from IHCC would have been an ideal replacement for Vaughn.

Of course, waiting for RV cost us. It is the waiting so long that killed us, not the fact we went after him. We should have signed in the fall like we we would miss out. But I do not blame the staff, you recruit a player that long, you think you can trust them.

I agree Goldfinger, but it has nothing to do with KU. Would Self go small ball had KU not been bailed out last year? Look at Michigan or WSU, particularly Michigan. Add Stakuas and Early this team is a contender. A few possessions should not change your ideology.

Reactions: Doc

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
ISU now has 2 scholarships still open for next year. Is there really anyone on this board who is not confident that Fred and his staff will fill those with 2 quality players, whether they be high school, jucos or transfers?

I have no trouble at all believing that this staff may find players who will benefit next year's team even more than RV would.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Time to move on. As long as we have Fred and Co, our future is bright.

I rather have 10 DeAndre Kane than 1 Rashad Vaughn. Let's find more Kane!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron