BLUM: One door closes, another opens (Rashad Vaughn reaction)

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Coach Rice looks like he's great at developing players. [video=youtube;6lt3Xw_8oMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lt3Xw_8oMI[/video]

Wow, I watched that whole thing because it was so incredibly bad. I actually feel bad for Bennett and RV after that.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Am I the only one who doesn't care about highlight tapes? All they ever show are the good parts each player brings to the table. I'd rather watch an entire game to get both the good and bad.
I only have to see a guy 6'9" put the ball on the floor once and dribble like a point guard to see there's something special. Not to mention his athletic ability. The guy is fast, long, and can jump out of the gym. I saw DE's and PG's highlight reals over the last two seasons and came away with "awe there just highlights". Malau is something special!! Besides scouts watching him see NBA potential and this was never the case for any of the other project big men we've brought in. Got slammed about five years ago screaming the only chance ISU basketball had a chance of regaining national prominence was to get Hoiberg in here and got alot of the same negative responses. Worked out all right I guess...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'll be waiting for that other door to open but right now it still feels more like this. :smile:

far-side-gifted.jpeg

Reactions: Tony

Inspired

Mar 18, 2012
wow, an opinion piece with real research and facts in it. :) so refreshing these days. Personally, I think Vaughn's signing would have had more impact on this program, than his on court performance.

I think you overrating both the amount and the value of whatever publicity ISU got out of it.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
UNLV spent even more on him.

Findlay, as in Cliff Findlay, did. :)

Seriously, everyone is hemming and hawing about UNLV, but the truth is Cliff Findlay created Findlay prep to be a recruit mill for UNLV. That is the problem. Of course, I bet we will start seeing more and more of these pop up.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Findlay, as in Cliff Findlay, did. :)

Seriously, everyone is hemming and hawing about UNLV, but the truth is Cliff Findlay created Findlay prep to be a recruit mill for UNLV. That is the problem. Of course, I bet we will start seeing more and more of these pop up.

Maybe Carl Moyer can open up "Moyer Prep" in Ames. All it takes is a gym and a half million dollar home for the "students" of the "school" to live in and play basketball in. There you have it.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I only have to see a guy 6'9" put the ball on the floor once and dribble like a point guard to see there's something special. Not to mention his athletic ability. The guy is fast, long, and can jump out of the gym. I saw DE's and PG's highlight reals over the last two seasons and came away with "awe there just highlights". Malau is something special!! Besides scouts watching him see NBA potential and this was never the case for any of the other project big men we've brought in. Got slammed about five years ago screaming the only chance ISU basketball had a chance of regaining national prominence was to get Hoiberg in here and got alot of the same negative responses. Worked out all right I guess...

Defensive ends and point guards? Seriously, how difficult is it to type out a player's last name, rather than abbreviating every one of over a hundred players and coaches of interest in football and basketball?

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Defensive ends and point guards? Seriously, how difficult is it to type out a player's last name, rather than abbreviating every one of over a hundred players and coaches of interest in football and basketball?
How about Daniel Edozie and Percy Gibson. I think any moron could figure out who I was talking about...how about their bios also..Malau is going to be good and I think everyone on here would agree that size inside is our biggest achilles heal...

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
Royce had two years, but:
1. He stayed in the draft past the deadline to return.
2. He signed with an agent.
3. He signed a contract with the Rockets.
4. He collected a paycheck.

Coming back is not a possibility.

I was think the same thing, but would not have included the detail you did, good job. I might have included, and (perhaps you can correct names and other details) the CJ Bruton deal where the NCAA rules him ineligible for receiving a small amount of money from an Australian(?) league. The amount was similar if not less than what a Kansas player in a similar situation had received and was deemed eligible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron