Jeff Jones

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
I would be absolutely shocked if we don't do an in home visit with him soon, and at least another time, especially since we just added Mangino and Ayeni.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
I like how he says establishing a good relationship with the coach(es) is important. That is one thing you hear a lot from our players and our recruits - the relationships which are built/in place.

The part I don't like is that he says Florida and Michigan have no current RB recruits in their respective classes. My guess is more than likely he sticks with the Gophers, but would be a great get if we can somehow pull it off.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Well he committed to Minny.so close to home likely important but he.clearly has.reservatuons about the goofers because he's looking. My guess is our proximity plus Rhoads has us still under consideration.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Jones is not going to Florida or Michigan. From the Star Tribune. Our chances? Not good?
I think they are better with him not making those visits but it's hard to tell. He might have solidified his commitment to Minnesota. Hard to tell.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
From the article he sounded solid for Minnesota. There are some guys who are better off getting away from their home area for a variety of reasons and that is ISU's best chance. I'm sure Mangino and Ayeni would be thrilled to have him.

wcamnclone

Oct 24, 2008
Fargo, ND
Is there any chance we still take him after Warren committing this weekend?

I thought it was interesting that the Minny folks still think we have a slight chance at stealing him. Might not have realized that we had another running back commit this weekend?

Marcus R. Fuller @GophersNow Follow Heard 4-star Washburn running back Jeff Jones had a great visit with Kill on Sunday. He's down to #Gophers and Iowa St. MN still favorite.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It's also starting to look like he might be a qualifier risk as well...

Yeah, at this point I do not believe he's qualified. That could just mean he hasn't taken his ACT though so grain of salt stuff applies. That said, it makes sense you take Warren. I know JOnes is good but Warren is nothing to turn down. 100% odds on Warren is better than 80% odds on Jones.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
If Jones were to commit, that would be 3 running backs. Would they end up taking all three?