Jeff Jones

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
He would be the cherry on top of an already very good class for ISU. But from the article it seems he is leaning towards Minny now. That would be a waste of his considerable talents, IMO.

I'm not so sure we're in a position to be making comments like these, considering Minny had 8 wins last season.

He is 3 spots ahead of Lazard overall in Rivals rankings. He would be an absolutely HUGE get.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I am 100% happy with Syria and Warren for this class. Not to say that Jones and Mister aren't good players but they certainly aren't needs at this point.

There's always need for talent. Get the guy on campus and sort out position and playing time later. Injuries and attrition are a part of collegiate sports, so if there's a even a slight chance at landing a player like Jeff Jones then the staff should be doing whatever they can to bring him in.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Adding thirty pounds to a 17 year old over the course of a few years is not hard.

Good weight is pretty hard and that much weight can't go on fast without losing speed. Also, no need for him to play fullback since we likely won't use one much if at all. If we can have an effective, fast, 6 ft 210-215 lb rb thats plenty good in my eyes

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
To those saying we have higher areas of need, you do realize this kid is 44th best player in the nation, right? I'm not talking about the state, or the region...the NATION. We all lost our **** when Lazard committed here, and righfully so, but this kid is a higher rated prospect than Lazard. If he's interested we will take him, position of need or not.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
To those saying we have higher areas of need, you do realize this kid is 44th best player in the nation, right? I'm not talking about the state, or the region...the NATION. We all lost our **** when Lazard committed here, and righfully so, but this kid is a higher rated prospect than Lazard. If he's interested we will take him, position of need or not.

Exactly. Plus, we have a new OC and RB coach, so hopefully the days of playing musical RBs are over and Mangino will have an actual method to getting them all involved.

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
I'm not so sure we're in a position to be making comments like these, considering Minny had 8 wins last season.

He is 3 spots ahead of Lazard overall in Rivals rankings. He would be an absolutely HUGE get.
4 of those wins were against complete jokes of teams.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

So when Trey Scott says he isn't returning ISU's calls, does that mean he is still interested?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'm always amazed at the perception some of our fans have at ISU. they must just see our jerseys and think we are USC instead of ISU.

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
4 out of 8 wins for them were against joke teams and you could argue 2 out of our 3 wins were the same
Not a single one of them is in a power conference or was even in the positive in wins last year. It's a little easier to get to 8 wins when your playing in the big 10 and get 4 con conference games against those teams. I'm not saying we're better I'm saying that I've grown up a gopher fan my whole life and the gophers have always been a laughing stock.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I meant WVU wasn't a joke. They weren't very good but they did beat Okie State and were competitive at Oklahoma

I'd agree that they were decent early in the season, but were torn down by injuries (sounds really familiar.) When we played them, did they have a non-gimpy QB?