3 Thoughts: Hoiberg backs Thomas; Jensen; Lazard

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Hoiberg went on to note that Thomas has been “stroking it in practice.”

What's with the quotes? Should I be worried what that implies?
:smile:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Have him hold a press conference where he can identify publicly that he has an issue and that he's going to rehab. Everyone loves a come back story.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames

There was a guy on my high school team that had a problem with that. At least he would go into the lockerroom before he started.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I have zero issue with Matt Thomas. I know he will eventually click. His confidence has to be shaken a little, but with more experience that will go away. Fred is ok with him, so I am too.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Any thoughts as to CFH's quote where he includes something about losing his mind or not knowing what he's all said? I mean, obviously the losses have been tough on him and he wants to get this team clicking again. Just hope the whole Bubu situation hasn't taken its toll. I support our coach 100%.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Any thoughts as to CFH's quote where he includes something about losing his mind or not knowing what he's all said? I mean, obviously the losses have been tough on him and he wants to get this team clicking again. Just hope the whole Bubu situation hasn't taken its toll. I support our coach 100%.

Watch the press conference. He was kidding about getting old, if I remember right. It was one of those wry, dry Fred jokes.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
ISU arguably has 3 of the top 100 players in the country, a JuCo transfer thats a double double machine, and one of the most improved players from one year to the next I've ever seen in Naz Long. If Matt Thomas had to come in and score 20 points a game, we would not be 14-3. The kid is a great shooter and he will be one of the good ones by the time he is done at ISU.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

Yeah he was messing around. I actually thought about taking that part of the quote out (because I knew it would create confusion) but it was a significant part of the quote and I didn't want to pick too much at it so I left it, if that makes any sense at all.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I liked the comment from Lazard...about being just one of the guys when he gets here. He's had a lot of pressure on him this year, from the media, fan expectations, recruiting, game plans designed to stop specifically HIM...and you also have to wonder if there is a little bit of resentment from less recruited teammates. That's a lot on the plate of a teenager. He sounds pretty well grounded - I hope that holds true in his Cyclone career.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I've been pretty critical of Matt Thomas. I'm sure he'll pull out of his slump and everybody will love him again :yes:

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
We had a kid in HS that was an All-World practice and driveway player, but when we got into HS games was terrible. Eventually he would've figured it out and been one of our best players, but none of the coaches ever just let it ride with him. His confidence was absolutely destroyed over three years and he ended up playing 5-10 mpg and looking like a deer in the headlights the entire time. It was a shame considering how talented he was and how hard he worked, but it was 100% between the ears.

I like how Fred's handling this. The game is going to slow down for him and he's going to start helping this team in the near future.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron