Ames, IA
ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif
02_andywatergif2.gif

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I finally decided to register after creeping for the past 4+ years. Don't worry, I emailed JP and he gave me the ok. Just wanted to say hello to all of you fellow crazy Clones. A little of my background: I am deathly afraid of decommitments and spiders. I started out in Meteorology at ISU before quickly switching to business (which gives me the right to start forecasting correct?). If I can provide just a little humor and even less insight, I will consider myself a CF success. Best of luck to us all and most importantly, our beloved Cyclones! Lastly, I wanted to see if anyone is heading to Lawrence next week? Myself and a buddy are and would love to get together with any fellow Cyclones before, after, and during the upset.

FYI- I have the no humor and no insight market pretty much cornered so stay out of my territory.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Well at least we showed him how easily a thread gets side tracked. As most here have the attention span of a gnat.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Ooh, the cast iron pizza pan sounds like it would be great. I wonder if Bed Bath and Beyond carries those? I see a few I can order online if it comes to that.

Pro tip: Be sure to poke air holes into the dough.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Pretty sure HJ's also covers the bottom of their pizza pans in a melted garlic butter like substance. My BIL has had them shipped to him up at Minneapolis and he says they aren't the same. The pan (and whatever is in it) is what makes the difference.

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
The sauce definetely makes the taco pizza and that is where a lot of pizza chains go wrong with their's. As for HJ's, we used a sauce that was predominately bean based with more mexican seasoning than italian. Next we put on the meat before the cheese which is backwards from other pizzas. Mexican seasoned ground beef and basic sausage. Then cheese with more cheddar than mozz. Cook that and then add lettuce, chips and tomatoes. If you want to get crazy, add black olives and jalepenos before cooking and add sour cream afterwards on top. That was the "taco supreme".

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The sauce definetely makes the taco pizza and that is where a lot of pizza chains go wrong with their's. As for HJ's, we used a sauce that was predominately bean based with more mexican seasoning than italian. Next we put on the meat before the cheese which is backwards from other pizzas. Mexican seasoned ground beef and basic sausage. Then cheese with more cheddar than mozz. Cook that and then add lettuce, chips and tomatoes. If you want to get crazy, add black olives and jalepenos before cooking and add sour cream afterwards on top. That was the "taco supreme".

noted-ryan-the-office.gif

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Damn, forgot taco sauce! Those little packets of love are like kryptonite. If you ever wanted to get someone really ******, deliver a taco pizza and only put in 2-3 packets in the box.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Holy ****, you really are Happy Joe!? While you're here I also loved the little canadian bacon cubes you used, that was my jam.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
What this thread needs is more Tucker and Dale gifs.

ibj2Okiwek6jqs.gif

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Thank you HappyJoe. I am bookmarking this thread. Now I know what I want to eat on my wedding day (if I ever get married.) You have made me a happy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.