Well hello there..

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
I finally decided to register after creeping for the past 4+ years. Don't worry, I emailed JP and he gave me the ok. Just wanted to say hello to all of you fellow crazy Clones. A little of my background: I am deathly afraid of decommitments and spiders. I started out in Meteorology at ISU before quickly switching to business (which gives me the right to start forecasting correct?). If I can provide just a little humor and even less insight, I will consider myself a CF success. Best of luck to us all and most importantly, our beloved Cyclones! Lastly, I wanted to see if anyone is heading to Lawrence next week? Myself and a buddy are and would love to get together with any fellow Cyclones before, after, and during the upset.

Reactions: oldman

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I finally decided to register after creeping for the past 4+ years. Don't worry, I emailed JP and he gave me the ok. Just wanted to say hello to all of you fellow crazy Clones. A little of my background: I am deathly afraid of decommitments and spiders. I started out in Meteorology at ISU before quickly switching to business (which gives me the right to start forecasting correct?). If I can provide just a little humor and even less insight, I will consider myself a CF success. Best of luck to us all and most importantly, our beloved Cyclones! Lastly, I wanted to see if anyone is heading to Lawrence next week? Myself and a buddy are and would love to get together with any fellow Cyclones before, after, and during the upset.

gif_hi_there_350_166.gif

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Nope, not Cyber. Where should we be pregaming in Lawrence next Wednesday night Haverhill? And I too miss the old man's taco pizza.

ttjjplum

Jul 28, 2006
Great, now I'm jonesing for HJ's with none in my immediate future. Have a few cold ones for me next week!

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I used to be a pizza maker at HJ's in high school. The industrial brand nacho chips they put on the taco pizza are the BEST nachos in the universe by a factor of 10. Seriously just awesome, way better than doritos.

Also, welcome to CF.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I used to be a pizza maker at HJ's in high school. The industrial brand nacho chips they put on the taco pizza are the BEST nachos in the universe by a factor of 10. Seriously just awesome, way better than doritos.

Also, welcome to CF.

Sweet, can you help me out with some recipe decisions? We don't have Happy Joes anywhere near me and I've tried recreating the pizza at home with some success, but it still isn't quite right.

I use generic nacho flavored chips because Doritos overpowers the flavor. Sounds like I was right on there.

For sauce, I mix refried beans and pizza sauce in a 1:1 ratio. Is that right?

I'm stumped on whether the meat is sausage, taco-seasoned beef, or some other kind of meat.

And I'm completely stumped on what type of pizza crust to use. Did they do anything special with the crust on those pizzas?

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
For sauce, I mix refried beans and pizza sauce in a 1:1 ratio. Is that right?

I'm stumped on whether the meat is sausage, taco-seasoned beef, or some other kind of meat.

And I'm completely stumped on what type of pizza crust to use. Did they do anything special with the crust on those pizzas?

I know this isn't the same thing, but I worked at a Pizza Ranch and here's what we did: The sauce we used some sort of taco sauce instead of pizza sauce. For the meat we used regular beef, and with the pizza crust I imagine Happy Joe's places their pizza dough in a cast iron pizza pan with some vegetable oil in the bottom of the pan.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I know this isn't the same thing, but I worked at a Pizza Ranch and here's what we did: The sauce we used some sort of taco sauce instead of pizza sauce. For the meat we used regular beef, and with the pizza crust I imagine Happy Joe's places their pizza dough in a cast iron pizza pan with some vegetable oil in the bottom of the pan.

Ooh, the cast iron pizza pan sounds like it would be great. I wonder if Bed Bath and Beyond carries those? I see a few I can order online if it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.