Myron Medcalf all but certain Fred is going to the NBA

Apr 19, 2006
A lot of people think they have a "relationship" with him.

I've had relations with him...I mean he ain't going no where beotches! I think he stays until his boys are grown up. No better place to raise a family then Ames especially if your last name is Hoiberg.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
What would a guy do with 3 mil a year in Ames Iowa? Willing to bet Hoiberg is more than satisfied with what he is getting.

Not to mention the other $10+ million he earned from the NBA, which I'm sure there's still a good amount left (he doesn't seem like the type that spends money on tons of BS), and I'm sure over $1 million more from the front office from the twolves, plus the few million he's made from ISU.

I think this is a unique situation here and I really love it. The guy grew up in Ames, a ball boy for ISU, then telling Tom Osbourne to **** off so he could play bball for ISU, only to contact the Iowa State AD about the head coaching position a few times wanting it. I don't think he's going to leave after just four seasons. This isn't like we got some coach who's been living and coaching in NYC all his life and has had no feelings for the university until being hired. Hoiberg grew up bleeding ISU and I'm extremely certain he wants to see ISU way back up there. Same as many as you, just put yourself in his shoes which isn't hard to do. Most die hard ISU fans would turn down getting paid more (which is still a lot of money) to make their team have huge success.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
What would a guy do with 3 mil a year in Ames Iowa? Willing to bet Hoiberg is more than satisfied with what he is getting.

Please don't pretend to know Fred's beliefs on his personal finance. He's a fairly young man with a family. He has a heart condition that may prevent him from being with his family for another 40 years. Money is important for everyone, and I bet it is for him as well.

The bottom line is that he needs to be paid fairly. He should not be paid as if he bleeds cardinal and gold, even though he obviously does.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Please don't pretend to know Fred's beliefs on his personal finance. He's a fairly young man with a family. He has a heart condition that may prevent him from being with his family for another 40 years. Money is important for everyone, and I bet it is for him as well.

The bottom line is that he needs to be paid fairly. He should not be paid as if he bleeds cardinal and gold, even though he obviously does.
I could say the same to you. As of now he is being paid fairly and I'm not going to question Pollard on this. Also, don't act like Fred isn't already a multi millionaire.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC

He's getting $1.6 million/year, which would put him in the top 25 best paid coaches in college basketball right now. I have no doubts that if we go deep this year, he will be getting a raise and wouldn't doubt if it was close to $2 million. If we won a championship, I'm pretty sure it would go up at least $750K per year if not over $1 million/year.

Do people here realize that Roy Williams gets paid a little under $1.8 million/year? Hoiberg is at $1.6 million.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron