Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wh2xHTgh.jpg

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Pulled Chicken is my go to. Throw in a couple of chicken breast and cover in BBQ sauce and place the crock pot on low before leaving for the day. Shred the chicken with a fork right before you eat and enjoy.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pulled Chicken is my go to. Throw in a couple of chicken breast and cover in BBQ sauce and place the crock pot on low before leaving for the day. Shred the chicken with a fork right before you eat and enjoy.

I was thinking about doing this with Buffalo Chicken. Then I could make Buffalo Chicken Wraps!

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
slow cooker carnitas

Get pork butt
cut it into cubes about 2 inches per side
coat it liberally with a good mexican spice rub with a lot of cumin, oregano, adobo, garlic, chili powder, pepper, cayenne, etc.
put it in the crock pot along with two cups of chicken stock.
Set it to low and cook for 8-10 hours (or until the amazing smell coming from your house attracts the whole neighborhood.
Shred it in crock pot
serve with warm tortillas, fresh salsa, hot sauce, queso fresco, etc.

You can also shred it, throw it on a cookie sheet, and crisp it up under the broiler for a little more authenticity.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Here are my favorites.

A good beef roast. Throw it in with some pepper rubbed on it. Add mixture of beef broth and water to go about 1/3 of the way up the roast. Fill the rest of the crock pot up with baby red potatoes, baby carrots and onion quarters. Cook on low for about 8 hours.

I make a chicken wild rice dish that is soup and some more rice and mushrooms added to thicken it up. Line the entire top with chicken breasts and let cook on low all day.

My last one is a roast beef chili. Start off with tomato paste and beef broth. Add whatever you want for beans, corn, etc (stewed tomatoes, corn and jalapenos are awesome). and add a pound or two of raw cubed beef roast. Let it cook all day on low.

My kids's favorite is a cook a big package of chicken drummies in barbecue sauce mix sauce all day. Very simple but they will devour those things.

Haven't made it yet but just had some little smokies that were cooked in a sauce that was made of beer, grape jelly, and something else. Mother in law is sending me the recipe as they were awesome.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Was the beef at room temp? How many packages of the dried soup mix? how long did it cook for?

Did you just use the left over gravy with the noodles (how much gravy how many noodles)?

Beef was not a room temperature. I put all that in the fridge before I went to bed. Put the whole thing in the crockpot at 8am on low. Came back around 6pm and turned it on high for the last hour (wasn't fall apart yet). 1 package of dry soup mix.

I used left over meat/gravy/carrots with the noodles. I would say about a 1/3 of the pot was left. I used about 10oz of noodles out of a 16 oz package.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Here are my favorites.

A good beef roast. Throw it in with some pepper rubbed on it. Add mixture of beef broth and water to go about 1/3 of the way up the roast. Fill the rest of the crock pot up with baby red potatoes, baby carrots and onion quarters. Cook on low for about 8 hours.

I make a chicken wild rice dish that is soup and some more rice and mushrooms added to thicken it up. Line the entire top with chicken breasts and let cook on low all day.

My last one is a roast beef chili. Start off with tomato paste and beef broth. Add whatever you want for beans, corn, etc (stewed tomatoes, corn and jalapenos are awesome). and add a pound or two of raw cubed beef roast. Let it cook all day on low.

My kids's favorite is a cook a big package of chicken drummies in barbecue sauce mix sauce all day. Very simple but they will devour those things.

Haven't made it yet but just had some little smokies that were cooked in a sauce that was made of beer, grape jelly, and something else. Mother in law is sending me the recipe as they were awesome.

the something else is probably cocktail sauce or ketchup. only way to make little smokies IMO. i prefer using cocktail sauce.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I like to shred up my pot roast and put it on pretzel buns with a slice of provolone and a little stone mustard or horseradish sauce. The trick is to put the shredded pot roast back in with the juices so it soaks it all up. Pretzel bun won't get soggy from the extra juices.
FYI, fresh ground horseradish on a slice of pot roast is awesome.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
My favorite easiest one is throw in chicken breasts, stove top stuffing, add water. Low all day. Come home Yummmyness.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Italian beef

package of dried italian dressing
can of beef broth
onion sliced
jar of pepperocini's and half the juice
top/bottom round beef roast

put it all in the crock pot for 5-6 hours or till shred-able. Mix with the juices. Toast some hoagie buns and add some provolone.

Reactions: mcblogerson

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
My favorite easiest one is throw in chicken breasts, stove top stuffing, add water. Low all day. Come home Yummmyness.

That sounds good (and simple). I'm going to try that. I assume you brown the chicken first — then just add stuffing ingredients to slow cooker as if you were stove cooking?

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Italian beef

can of beef broth
onion sliced

put it all in the crock pot for 5-6 hours or till shred-able. Mix with the juices. Toast some hoagie buns and add some provolone.

I need to try this one soon!

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Italian beef

can of beef broth
onion sliced

Ahhh ****... you make me want some Portillos or Johnnie's Beef from Chicago. Literally the only good thing about Chicago.

Reactions: ISUME