Niang Big 12 POTW

Dingus

May 23, 2013
That makes 4 of 7 POW winners. With 4 different players. Gotta like that.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
geez, this is a weekly thread anymore. I like it.

He's doing this while struggling to find his range, he is going to have a huge year.

Nice pic of Woodard carrying the ball.
VQVUSKNZUXOVQUX.20131216142108.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That makes 4 of 7 POW winners. With 4 different players. Gotta like that.
And another player (some guy named Kane) has won the newcomer award twice as icing on the cake. That is 5 of ISU's starting 6 :)wink:) recognized by the league in 7 weeks (6 total awards).

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Now, all we need is Matt Thomas to step up and grab one sometime and we've got everyone accounted for. While I like Matt, it may take a while for him to get his confidence up enough for him to hit that level. We will see though. I also see it more likely that he grabs a newcomer of the week award over a player of the week award.

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
Player of the Week? Try Player of the Year so far. I know there was some early worrying about maybe a sophomore slump, but Georges has been so amazingly clutch in both the Michigan, BYU and Iowa games. Plus he pretty much single-handedly kept the team going in the UNI game. I kind of laugh at his performance in the Auburn game because I think it's clear that he really performs best under pressure. Love that guy. And the statement during the post-game presser about it being a Cyclone State was the icing on the cake.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Now, all we need is Matt Thomas to step up and grab one sometime and we've got everyone accounted for. While I like Matt, it may take a while for him to get his confidence up enough for him to hit that level. We will see though. I also see it more likely that he grabs a newcomer of the week award over a player of the week award.
I see no reason in the world that Matt cannot have a great tourney in Hawaii in front the President and his entourage. Why not?

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
Player of the Week? Try Player of the Year so far. I know there was some early worrying about maybe a sophomore slump, but Georges has been so amazingly clutch in both the Michigan, BYU and Iowa games. Plus he pretty much single-handedly kept the team going in the UNI game. I kind of laugh at his performance in the Auburn game because I think it's clear that he really performs best under pressure. Love that guy. And the statement during the post-game presser about it being a Cyclone State was the icing on the cake.
What was really the highlight was Hoiberg's response " Thanks George" I cracked up laughing

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Matt won't get any award like this for a while i think. Im sure all of you Matty Ice lovers hate me for sharing that. Hes more of a steady eddy. He doesn't shoot enough to score more then around 15 a game. 10-17 pts and 5 rebs isn't going to win any weekly awards. I would love to see him shoot more but he seems content to shot fake everything and pass it back around. I find myself begging him to shoot the damn ball.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
6 awards in 8 games. Wonder how many they'll have by the end of the season?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

There are three kinds of people in this world: those who are good with numbers and those who aren't.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron