Ok enough day dreams do you think Mess is gone after the season for real?

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Those first five drives of this game just exemplify the season in ten minutes of play. A trifecta of three and outs followed by two snaps and two turnovers which result in a 1st and goal and a return for a TD. Your defense never has a chance to get off to a decent start put in horrible position like that. We're just to laughably unprepared offensively to start these games it's just sad. Asinine swing passes and WR screens for negative yards. How Messingham is defended by people on here just boggles my mind.

Reactions: swarthmoreCY

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Two games still don't erase two years of ineptness. I'm so happy for the seniors to get to go out with two wins in a row, but it hasn't changed my opinion one bit.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Two games still don't erase two years of ineptness. I'm so happy for the seniors to get to go out with two wins in a row, but it hasn't changed my opinion one bit.

Second this, unfortunately I think this might just be another reason CPR keeps Mess on the team. Too many negatives stand out to overlook. Great to see the team not give up on themselves and send the seniors out with a well deserved win.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008

This so much.

Great game though. Fun to see us come back.

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
that was a very entertaining win. funny after the first five positions the play calling looked different. I wonder who's fingerprints were on the plays?

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
that was a very entertaining win. funny after the first five positions the play calling looked different. I wonder who's fingerprints were on the plays?

Yeah. I like some of the runs at the end where they changed the hand-off point. Hadn't seen that as much this year. They definitely needed to change something after how the game started.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
This can't be. All I've read here is QB's don't develop at ISU and we can't adjust the two plays we run at halftime.

Enjoy the win for a night. You can start fresh on the Fire Messingham bandwagon tomorrow.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
This can't be. All I've read here is QB's don't develop and ISU and we can't adjust the two plays we run at halftime.

Enjoy the win for a night. You can start fresh on the Fire Messingham bandwagon tomorrow.
Beat KU and WVU - 2 horrible teams. Scored less than 24 points 6 times this season. Scored 24 points in 4th quarter today. Some of those setup by defense - as usual.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Those first five drives of this game just exemplify the season in ten minutes of play. A trifecta of three and outs followed by two snaps and two turnovers which result in a 1st and goal and a return for a TD. Your defense never has a chance to get off to a decent start put in horrible position like that. We're just to laughably unprepared offensively to start these games it's just sad. Asinine swing passes and WR screens for negative yards. How Messingham is defended by people on here just boggles my mind.

Great comeback win, but I agree completely on anyone defending Messingham. The beginning of games it looks like he sends the first 12 plays to the other teams DC to make sure he is ready. The WR screen in press coverage that almost got picked off for a pick 6 at the beginning of the game was horrible.

I liked the run out of the two back set early in the game, but then they never went back to it.