You're the Boss (Of Hilton Music)

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
So last week, I made a thread that was intended to be a joke (I honestly am ok with non-automatic, but if I had a preference, I guess there would be automatic flushing in Hilton) but there seemed to be a lot of people wanting to change Hilton music from Jock Jams, and I can see where they are coming from.

You are the main man (or woman) and get to choose what songs play throughout the game. What songs would you choose?

The one modern one that I would like to hear at some point in the game is Berzerk. What songs would you guys like to hear?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
At some point I almost wonder if Jock Jams hurts our recruiting. (semi joking)

Can't believe it hasn't been changed yet

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Turbulence, constantly

Edit, 1:10 starts the part they play

Edit 2: Honestly if the included the Lil Jon "We Hit Turbulence" line it'd be even better

[video=youtube;y3OzHBEcymw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3OzHBEcymw&noredirect=1[/video]

Last edited:

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Turbulence, constantly

[video=youtube;y3OzHBEcymw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3OzHBEcymw&noredirect=1[/video]

And then Cy would throw a cake in the face of someone in the front row.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I agree that the Jock Jams stuff has to go. It's great for clapping in unison, but it's way outdated. A couple songs I've heard relatively recently that would get me pumped up is "Sail" by Awolnation and "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons. Again, not great songs but one's that will get you pumped up. Also, I think the techno during runs is a great touch. It seems the crowd get's the rowdiest when they play a good techno beat.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
The best music to play during high points of the game, like when we go on a run and the opposing team calls a TO, is up beat techno music. Its makes everybody want to rage.

Some of the techno music they play is a bit dated, but there are plenty of good songs to use that are newer.

Just keep the beats hard and fast, the crowd feeds off that.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
So last week, I made a thread that was intended to be a joke (I honestly am ok with non-automatic, but if I had a preference, I guess there would be automatic flushing in Hilton) but there seemed to be a lot of people wanting to change Hilton music from Jock Jams, and I can see where they are coming from.

You are the main man (or woman) and get to choose what songs play throughout the game. What songs would you choose?

The one modern one that I would like to hear at some point in the game is Berzerk. What songs would you guys like to hear?

Friday, Rebecca Black.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The best music to play during high points of the game, like when we go on a run and the opposing team calls a TO, is up beat techno music. Its makes everybody want to rage.

Some of the techno music they play is a bit dated, but there are plenty of good songs to use that are newer.

Just keep the beats hard and fast, the crowd feeds off that.

Even though I generally dislike techno music, I have to agree with Dave, because I have seen it work. It even keeps an old-timer like me on my feet clapping during a timeout.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Or more Sweet Caroline! :pwink:

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
I agree that the Jock Jams stuff has to go. It's great for clapping in unison, but it's way outdated. A couple songs I've heard relatively recently that would get me pumped up is "Sail" by Awolnation and "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons. Again, not great songs but one's that will get you pumped up. Also, I think the techno during runs is a great touch. It seems the crowd get's the rowdiest when they play a good techno beat.
Two years ago yes, but now they are both way overplayed.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Friday, Rebecca Black.

FunFunFun.gif

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I can guarantee two things at every Iowa State sporting event:
1. Jock Jams will be played
2. Someone will be wearing a Seneca Wallace jersey

It's practically law now.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Two years ago yes, but now they are both way overplayed.

To be fair, they'd both still be way better than "Wrecking Ball" or "Roar."

I don't know, not a ton current that I think has much of a tie-in to sports. I love the Beasties references in Eminem's "Berzerk." (It's also got "The Stroke" in there, which you have to love.) I can see JT's "TKO" maybe being a warm-up song. Neither is fantastic, though - there's a reason they stick with the traditional ones that they know will get people amped up.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I had never heard of Jock Jams before this thread. Silly me for thinking somebody was actually picking songs to play. Should have known that somebody had already made a business out of it.