You're the Boss (Of Hilton Music)

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
To be fair, they'd both still be way better than "Wrecking Ball" or "Roar."

I don't know, not a ton current that I think has much of a tie-in to sports. I love the Beasties references in Eminem's "Berzerk." (It's also got "The Stroke" in there, which you have to love.) I can see JT's "TKO" maybe being a warm-up song. Neither is fantastic, though - there's a reason they stick with the traditional ones that they know will get people amped up.

Both these songs have me searching for a sharp object. Simply Horrible. As for my suggestions, sandstorm mentioned already, jump around, party rock anthem, my songs know what you did in the dark by fall out boy because in Hilton we "light it up"

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Tsunami - dvbbs & Borgeous (or maybe get them for the halftime show)

[video=youtube_share;I41CX0RdmPQ]http://youtu.be/I41CX0RdmPQ[/video]

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
They could play Celine Dion for all I care - as long as they instituted an in-seat Clone Cone delivery system.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
When crowd is going nuts

[video=youtube;BXgMykZWaWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXgMykZWaWE[/video]

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I thought "Can't Hold Us" was pretty good at pumping us up.

At least we aren't playing "What does the fox say?" on our jumbotron like Minnesota Football does.

Yes. I love the idea of playing Can't Hold Us. I laughed my *** off when I heard the Vikings playing The Fox during thier game against my Packers. Not a song that belongs in sports in my opinion.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
[video=youtube;JzcvdkxiFRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzcvdkxiFRE[/video]

The beat drops at :33 so the song could start at :15-:20.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
With such a good home record over the last few years, and the fact that it is likely to continue into the foreseeable future, I think toward the end of each game ISU is winning......playing "Another One Bites the Dust" would be appropriate.

Also appropriate music....."You can do Magic" and "We will rock You".

Last edited:

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Talk more **** about Eminem and I'll help you find one. Especially ridiculous considering you go on to talk up Fall Out Boy's single that's more overplayed than all of Katy Perry's stuff combined. May as well just throw on Kiss 107.5 if all you want is LMFAO and Fall Out Boy.

**** just got real on CF.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Turbulence, constantly

Edit, 1:10 starts the part they play

Edit 2: Honestly if the included the Lil Jon "We Hit Turbulence" line it'd be even better

[video=youtube;y3OzHBEcymw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3OzHBEcymw&noredirect=1[/video]

When they played this yesterday the place went crazy!!!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I hate techno. However with about two minutes left. The techno was blaring and that place was off the hook. The ca kids were going crazy and even the older folks were standing. I think it works well.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Turbulence, constantly

Edit, 1:10 starts the part they play

Edit 2: Honestly if the included the Lil Jon "We Hit Turbulence" line it'd be even better

[video=youtube;y3OzHBEcymw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3OzHBEcymw&noredirect=1[/video]
I'll admit, when they played this yesterday, I cranked my volume up to max and jumped up and down in my apartment. I don't care what my neighbors were thinking, **** was real at that moment.

DJSteve

Apr 29, 2010
Ames
www.stevesmobilemusic.com
The problem I see with things like Pumped up Kicks, Radioactive, Sail, or similar is that the tempo of the original versions is not exactly high energy. There are good remixes out there that would give you a good combination of lyrics people know with music that provides energy... but I'm not sure what the licensing issues are on something like that because I think a lot of remixes are not necessarily authorized by the label and that could be a liability for an organization with deep pockets like ISU.

I agree that the Jock Jams "techno" works... but it's not like people quit making dance music after the last Jock Jams was published. There is plenty of stuff out there that can serve the purpose of providing a big beat to get people clapping--and that I think students would probably know--while being less dated. Ghosts n Stuff by Deadmau5, Avicii Levels, Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce, probably some Tiesto stuff like C'mon, etc.

A few others songs/artists that I think fit the bill of desirable beats, passable lyrics, and good popularity. Most of these have been out for a while (and some may be used currently), but still go over well in a dance environment in my experience:
All I Do is Win - DJ Khaled
Pitbull - Fuego, Hey Baby, Back in Time, Don't Stop the Party, We Run The Night
Flo Rida - In The Ayer
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf

Zumba playlists would also probably be fertile hunting in terms of fast songs with big beats throughout.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
The problem I see with things like Pumped up Kicks, Radioactive, Sail, or similar is that the tempo of the original versions is not exactly high energy. There are good remixes out there that would give you a good combination of lyrics people know with music that provides energy... but I'm not sure what the licensing issues are on something like that because I think a lot of remixes are not necessarily authorized by the label and that could be a liability for an organization with deep pockets like ISU.

I agree that the Jock Jams "techno" works... but it's not like people quit making dance music after the last Jock Jams was published. There is plenty of stuff out there that can serve the purpose of providing a big beat to get people clapping--and that I think students would probably know--while being less dated. Ghosts n Stuff by Deadmau5, Avicii Levels, Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce, probably some Tiesto stuff like C'mon, etc.

A few others songs/artists that I think fit the bill of desirable beats, passable lyrics, and good popularity. Most of these have been out for a while (and some may be used currently), but still go over well in a dance environment in my experience:
All I Do is Win - DJ Khaled
Pitbull - Fuego, Hey Baby, Back in Time, Don't Stop the Party, We Run The Night
Flo Rida - In The Ayer
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf

Zumba playlists would also probably be fertile hunting in terms of fast songs with big beats throughout.

No. Pitbull. Ever.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
Talk more **** about Eminem and I'll help you find one. Especially ridiculous considering you go on to talk up Fall Out Boy's single that's more overplayed than all of Katy Perry's stuff combined. May as well just throw on Kiss 107.5 if all you want is LMFAO and Fall Out Boy.
I think he was referencing "Wrecking Ball" and "Roar" with the sharp objects comment. And yes, Fall Out Boy kind of sucks.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
anything but sweet caroline, I truly doubt there are hundreds of Neil Diamond fans let alone thousands in this state yet its played over and over again at ISU games.