***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Just over 2 inches of rain for SW West Des Moines last night.

Saylorville Lake is forecast to rise 17+ feet from the recent storms. Any other flooding issues in Iowa?

Would prefer this amount of rain to be slow and gradual over a days time versus in a couple hours.
I haven’t seen the Des Moines River look like it does now in a long time. Many years.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Pretty sure our house got hit by lightning last night. One breaker in the house was tripped, 2 breakers in an outside breaker box were tripped, the gfi in the goat barn is junk, Starlink wifi power box has no power and direct TV isn't working.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Pretty sure our house got hit by lightning last night. One breaker in the house was tripped, 2 breakers in an outside breaker box were tripped, the gfi in the goat barn is junk, Starlink wifi power box has no power and direct TV isn't working.
apocalypse is comin'

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Just over 2 inches of rain for SW West Des Moines last night.

Saylorville Lake is forecast to rise 17+ feet from the recent storms. Any other flooding issues in Iowa?

Would prefer this amount of rain to be slow and gradual over a days time versus in a couple hours.
North of belmond the Iowa(?) River was out Sunday, the des Moines is out of the banks not super high but definitely out of its banks south of FD. Little Sioux out of banks south of Spencer

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Even though it's the one month where I have to mow my yard twice a week, May is by far my favorite month weatherwise. Love the warmer (but not hot) temps, and the rain makes everything green and growing. Could do without the tornadoes, though.

Mid-Sept through mid-Oct would be my second favorite "month".